Is This Table Suitable For Mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyfeet

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I am slowing getting my kit together and now looking for a manicure table. I have looked on fleabay and they have a couple on there. However I have been thinking outside the box and decided to have a look for portable tables. I have found the following:

Portable Table: Portable Tables: trestle folding, portable table trestle, foldaway tables

I like the fact that it is in one piece to carry and assembles really easily (they have a video). I am happy with the size as I seem to have a lot on my table including my shellac lamp and I also did a manicure on a table of this width no problem yesterday. I will dress the table accordingly and have just bought some lovely fluffy towels etc.

It can also double up as a stall table... we have a local beauty night where we are that runs quite regularly. It would be great to use to display eveything and also demo on.

So that said why am I asking I hear you say? Well the thing is and maybe I'm getting a bit caught up with myself here but I know it's not a manicure table and I want to at least look professional. So I guess my question is, does this look professional? Or do you think it looks like I am about to start decorating your front room with wallpaper?

I am really undecided and would really appreciate your thoughts?

Many thanks

xxxx

Hi, it's pretty similar to one I have from Halfords which is a camping table and I find that a good one for mobile.

when i first started out i paid a small fortune for a mobile mani desk ... it sooo wanst worth the money !! it was heavy , it was a pain in the bum to put up i learnt my lesson very well in that one , so if you think 4 ft isnt too big then go for it , it looks easy to put up ...also try camping tables again dead easy .. i have known people work from ironing boards so if its a proper table then it doesnt matter .. cleints wont care if its a camp table , or a professional table as long as they get nice nails xxxx

I think it's a little bit big. My non portable table is 98 x 50. My portable one is 78 x 40. I also think the gap between you and the client is really important (think of your back) and maybe even 10 cm or so would make it uncomfortable. You also need to consider the space you have in a clients home which is sometimes going to be v limited. I have used my portable one for Shellac and it has been big enough. Also really really easy to sling into the car. (This is the one I have Sally Express | K-LINE MANICURE TABLE I know it's slightly ugly but when it has a towel and products on it's perfectly fine.)

I do agree with Dee that the most important thing to the client is to get a good set of nails but looking professional will help you feel confident and professional.

Wow thanks for the quick responses ladies much appreciated. TracyS good to hear you have something similar. Ha ha Dee yes ultimately its the nails that people want, just didnt wanna look like bob the builder :)

I think it's a little bit big. My non portable table is 98 x 50. My portable one is 78 x 40. I also think the gap between you and the client is really important (think of your back) and maybe even 10 cm or so would make it uncomfortable. You also need to consider the space you have in a clients home which is sometimes going to be v limited. I have used my portable one for Shellac and it has been big enough. Also really really easy to sling into the car. (This is the one I have Sally Express | K-LINE MANICURE TABLE I know it's slightly ugly but when it has a towel and products on it's perfectly fine.)

I do agree with Dee that the most important thing to the client is to get a good set of nails but looking professional will help you feel confident and professional.

Thanks ZoZo the size is something I really need to think about. I havent got go go gadget arms ;) and the last thing me or my client needs is back pain. I'm off to have a little think now.

Thanks all for your input. Really appreciate it.

Love n hugs all xxx

You don't actually need much on the table so it doesn't need to be very big. You are going to have your products in a case anyway which can sit on the floor beside you. But to be honest, a few tools, and a few products, will fit on a small portable table.

I need to remember that I' mobile... the rate I'm going I'll end up getting everything out and the client will think I'm about to set up shop in her front room! Good to keep things in perspective like this thanks hun xxx

Well after considering your replies ladies I have now purchased a smaller table. Still all in one so even quicker to put up and down and also has a carry handle so the design idea is the same but on a smaller scale. Thanks ever so much for your advice really appreciate it.

Have a great weekend.

xxxx

Zo Zo raises a good point about the distance between you and your client at your table. I have a similar table to the link happyfeet posted. It is sturdy, robust and spacious for all my equipment and whilst I still use it, I feel like both I and my clients have to stretch some what accross the width.

I got mine at Costco a few years back and it cost me about £24, the difference being that although the legs fold in, the table itself does not fold up for carriage. As I am not mobile it does not bother me, however, it is heavy and I imagine yours would be too heavy for lugging around.

Its a pity you live so far away hon, I have a spare portable mani table that is very similar to the one zozo recommended. Its shaped like a kidney bean and has a little removal drawer that you can put products in. would have saved me listing on fleabay. Doh.
Sorry I know that is no help, just thought i'd chime in as i'm on the train back from leicester and i'm booooored!!!! Lol x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Its a pity you live so far away hon, I have a spare portable mani table that is very similar to the one zozo recommended. Its shaped like a kidney bean and has a little removal drawer that you can put products in. would have saved me listing on fleabay. Doh.
Sorry I know that is no help, just thought i'd chime in as i'm on the train back from leicester and i'm booooored!!!! Lol x

And I just noticed you already purchased one lol x

Ha ha Aromababy thank you anyway hun :)Many moons ago I was from your neck of the woods... well Derby actually. Lost the accent now and now have a fully fledged saaaarf luuunden accent lol.

Mrs Clooney thanks for the advice hun, I didnt go for the table above in the end I opted for a smaller one and a lot lighter too thank goodness :)

Thanks again ladies.

Love n hugs xxxx

Hi pet, glad you got a table, after the first few houses you will realise what you need and dont need, but there are occasions that I also think it looks like Im setting up shop. Have fun and a wee practice to see how it feels before you go. :hug:

Annie xx

thanks Annie lol i do have a terrible habit of faffing so need to be more organised. I remember when i used to run baby sign classes the first time i went i literally looked like i was going away for the week. Subsequent weeks however i had it down pat and knew exactly what i did and didn't need. Youre so right hun love n hugs x

I could not be mobile. But I have had to do a few mobile jobs over the years. I would make a list of what you need for each treatment and laminate it. Also, keep things in the car that you only need to use now and then, rather than take everything into the house.

I bought a wooden tv dinner type table from The Range for about 7quid, it's fab for size and completely portable :)

For me 60cm would be too far apart from my client for me to work comfortably. I have an IKEA oak hall table, which is 1m wide at the widest place and can't remember how far from client....will try and find it or measure.

I have a similar table from halfords like an earlier poster mentioned. I have to say its great because it fits.my 2 stools inside and is handy and compact - fab

However, i got this when i was a complete newbie and at the time it was the best and didn't look too bad either...but a good few months down the line and i have to say the width between me and the client is too much. I in particular find myself leaving over more which is not ideal in the slightest. The clients don't mind as its only for an hour or so and not on a regular basis like it is for me.

I love the length of the table as i like space and don't like being cramped (or being mobile if im.honest) but, i Will be searching for another table as my back and welling is more important than it all being handy and fitting al conpact. The table Will still come in handy for bbqs etc though lol :) xx

Hi, This is what I got yesterday from ebay:

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

It's got lockable wheels and seems to have a good lenght and width. I followed instructions given here and hopefully it should be fine! Will keep you updated :) x

Latest posts

Back