Is your tan foil sealed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applepie

Reaction score
Does anyone use a tan solution that has a factory foil seal on it when you buy it?

I have had 2 bottles of Sienna X go green before I even opened them recently.
Really annoyed at the waste of money as they were stored correctly (dark, cool cupboard in unheated room then once open I keep in fridge). Never happened to me before and have used them for years.

It isn't the hot weather btw as one bottle went green a few months ago and then another one a week ago.

I have discussed with Sienna and feel the supplier I bought them with has sold me old stock which they have stored incorrectly.

Anyhow - it has occurred to me that when buying from a beauty trade store - we have no control over how old the products are or how they have been stored as we have no way of knowing. Since tan solution shelf life is not that great anyway this is a problem.

I also think that since the bottles are just a screw cap with no seal - how do we know someone has not opened the bottle in the shop to have a smell of it etc?

It seems to be the luck of the draw what you buy at the moment and at the price Sienna x is - I don't think I want to keep pouring my solution (and money!) down the drain so am wondering if there is better protected solution out there.

My Xen tan comes with a foil seal.

ooh thank you jem - good to know there are tans out there that are.

Anyone else?

I've had the same problem with Sienna X in that most aren't coming sealed - just the screw cap. I've just bought 4 x 8.5% in 250ml bottles and two of the bottles (although they were actually sealed) have obviously had some go in the lid before sealing and that is green - so I am hoping that when I need to take the seal off the solution actually in the bottle is ok. Personally I think it is disgusting that they aren't obliged to seal all bottles as we haven't a clue how long they have been sitting around in their warehouse. I think they need to read these comments and actually take action, as like you say, their stuff isn't cheap!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

My fake bake comes sealed x

Just wanted to update this for anyone reading at a later date.

I have to say that Sienna x have given me brilliant customer service and support with this - looking into this issue for me and helping to recoup my lost revenue.

I have learnt to consider more carefully where I buy my products from but am also confident Sienna will take steps to ensure distributers are meeting their obligations too, to ensure products sold are correctly stored.

Just goes to show it is always worth feeding back problems to suppliers where appropriate.

not naming any company names btw :s but my friend works at a salon trade store and one of the tanning solutions had gone green and my friends boss said she was to put it on sale. My friend said if its green that means its gone off and you can't sell it, but the boss disagreed and sold it anyway!! I'm pretty sure the person came back and complained xxx

Latest posts

Back