Issues soaking off since changing to LED - Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightwriter

Reaction score
Hi all!

First time posting here so bear with me :)

I've done a search of the forum and can't find a thread on this topic....

Since moving to LED, soaking off Bio Sculpture is taking up to an hour! I've contacted Bio Sculpture about the problem and they've told me that there have been a couple of reports of similar problems but most technicians are working fine.

I spent about 30 minutes on the phone trouble shooting and I'm at a loss - I'm following the same process that worked successfully with UV. And I've taken on the suggestions from Bio Sculpture with little success.

Are there any Bio techs here who are having similar problems?

Thanks
Kerry

Hi, I must admit I did have teething problems when using the led at first but these issues were mostly the nails not lasting! I've since changed my application and have no problems. I've never noticed any different with my soak offs. I use clear as a base, 2 colour then clear as a top

I'm just doing my conversion with led biosculpture, is it a different process to soak off?!
Hope I haven't made an expensive mistake by choosing the led lamp!
X

No it shouldn't be a different process.

I got my LED lamp after doing a training refresh since I last trained in 2011 - I thought maybe my application was making LED soak off difficult. The trainer confirmed that my application was spot on

She did mention that she thought LED sealer and S gel cured harder. She had also had a few problems soaking off

I was told on my refresher course that clear gel is cured harder but I've still found no different. May try filing a bit more off the too coat before soaking? X

Yeah I've done that too, and I get the same result. Another thing I'm trying is to put a bit more executive base on

I should have mentioned the real trouble area is from the smile line to the free edge

Ok so now it makes more sense- I've always found this a tricky area for soak off!! Couple of things I do:

If they want length removed, remove some length before soak off which means less gel to soak off

File away more from this area before soak off
Put your executive base a bit higher

Leave the wraps on for just under 10 mins, work finger by finger and as you take each one off, take off the gel that's come away easily and re file over the remaining gel and wrap up again, go back after 10 fingers and it should be fine

Thank you! Sorry I forgot to put it in my original post

I always found it tricky as well but it's really when I moved to LED that it became really bad!

I really concentrate on filing in the trouble zone but I'm going to try your tips, thank you!

Do you use Scrub Fresh at all?
I found using that was making my soak offs a nightmare, once I stopped using that and started using the Bio Sculpture sanitiser instead my soak offs became so much quicker and easier!

No I only use Bio products

Latest posts

Back