Itchy scalp from extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayneBow

Reaction score
I've had a client complain of an itchy scalp 1 week in. I've told her to make sure the shampoo etc is washed out properly and went over washing techniques. Is her scalp just adjusting? Do any of your clients say the same? Any good tips?

I've had a client complain of an itchy scalp 1 week in. I've told her to make sure the shampoo etc is washed out properly and went over washing techniques. Is her scalp just adjusting? Do any of your clients say the same? Any good tips?

Itchy scalp usually means not rinsing properly. The shampoo and or Grease builds up.

When I had mine in I got an itchy scalp if my hair hadn't been washed in a couple of days. X

Itchy scalp usually means not rinsing properly. The shampoo and or Grease builds up.

When I had mine in I got an itchy scalp if my hair hadn't been washed in a couple of days. X

This sounds like it could be the problem. Some of the conditioning ingredients in rinse-off products can cause irritation if left on the skin.

Maybe tell the client to rinse her hair as normal, and then rinse for an extra 2-3 minutes.

I have pre bonded and I always know when its time for a wash as it starts itching like mad! Sounds like an aftercare issue :)

I have pre bonded and I always know when its time for a wash as it starts itching like mad! Sounds like an aftercare issue :)

Totally agree, most clients don't rinse all the shampoo from the roots.

How many strands has she got in? I had a clients with really thick hair and with the added extensions it was making her head really hot, which was making it itch. Try removing a couple of rows in the middle. This really helped my client. :)

Thanks ladies, she has 160 in if I remember correctly. She has the correct shampoo and conditioner becuase I gave it to her. Ill tell her about the rinsing thing, I thought it was probably that. I do a test extension in every client to test for a reaction, and she was fine so I thought it may be an aftercare issue :)
Glad to know im not alone!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wear hair micro rings and when I first put them im or re install I allways get itchy but after a week it goes x

becky

Can I jump in on this thread?
My sister had weaves put in 5 days ago and have itched like mad from the start. She first washed her hair because it was itching and now she just wants them out because of the itching. It's so bad she's asked me to check her for head lice, I can't see any though x

Can I jump in on this thread?
My sister had weaves put in 5 days ago and have itched like mad from the start. She first washed her hair because it was itching and now she just wants them out because of the itching. It's so bad she's asked me to check her for head lice, I can't see any though x

This will be from it been tight. Once the weave has loosened off abit it should be ok.

Ita definitely not rinsing properly or not washing enough. Make sure she really gets in the roots when washing.
As soon as her extensions loosen a little it will be much easier to wash without any issues. Xx

Latest posts

Back