It's all gone!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishes

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone can help please. I had semi permanent eyeliner tattoo 4 weeks ago and it has all gone! I followed all the after care but now there is none visible at all. I was a model for a lady who had just done the course was trained at smudge free so it was a good reputable place to train! Just wondering if any of yon geeks might know as to why it may have come off, of it was something she was not doing right? She also did my friend and this has come off too she had hers done the week after mine. Hope you can help as I loved it before it came off.:cry::cry:

If the lady has just qualified, I'm sure she would want to know about the problems you have had before she starts offering the treatment on paying clients. It's all part of the training/learning process

I know I would x

Have you been scratching or rubbing? Also getting it wet? I've never had any beauty tattoos before but I'm covered in normal tats! One on my wrist faded ridiculous amounts after a few weeks but I did pick, rub, itch ect. Also I'm sure with perm make up you have a top up after a few weeks too? :| hope you get it sorted xx

Hi just wondering if anyone can help please. I had semi permanent eyeliner tattoo 4 weeks ago and it has all gone! I followed all the after care but now there is none visible at all. I was a model for a lady who had just done the course was trained at smudge free so it was a good reputable place to train! Just wondering if any of yon geeks might know as to why it may have come off, of it was something she was not doing right? She also did my friend and this has come off too she had hers done the week after mine. Hope you can help as I loved it before it came off.:cry::cry:

You do need to speak to the lady who did it as she will want to know and it will help her. All that I can say is that when you first start out it is really difficult, what others have said is correct in that you would require a retouch appt at around 4-6 weeks. Can you run me through your aftercare as that will affect results. My aftercare is pretty involved. Can you confirm if you had just one sitting or 2 ?
Is there any pigment left at all ? Sometimes it can look a little faded or milky looking as it goes through stages of healing, but for it to disappear is quite another thing. How long after the treatment did this happen?
How was it when you had the treatment? Sometimes working too much in the skin can be an issue but it's all just speculation really.
Getting technique right can be tricky, this technician needs to know so that she can speak to her trainers and check that her speed, angle and pressure etc are all ok.

I have told her and she just said it was the healing process but it doesn't look like there is anything there at all. She told me not to get it wet or pick it which I stuck to. She didn't give me any cream or after care ointment just told me to leave it. It was around a week that it all disappeared. She has promised me a top up but I don't want to be disappointed as like I said I loved it while it was there. She said she would speak to her trainer. I am just curious as to what may have gone wrong.

I have told her and she just said it was the healing process but it doesn't look like there is anything there at all. She told me not to get it wet or pick it which I stuck to. She didn't give me any cream or after care ointment just told me to leave it. It was around a week that it all disappeared. She has promised me a top up but I don't want to be disappointed as like I said I loved it while it was there. She said she would speak to her trainer. I am just curious as to what may have gone wrong.

Are you on any meds or supplements? How was it after treatment? Was it very swollen or sore? . Did you have any irritation or excess watering during the healing process? I use dry healing for the eyes unless it is a very thick liner so the no cream isn't a concern. I will bore you with some of my own aftercare rules so that perhaps you can eliminate possible issues. Of course every tech has differing ones but I thought it might help. Mine include no excessive excercise or excess heat for at least 1 week to allow pigment to settle, facial treatments, tinting, saunas, steam treatments 4 weeks minimum.
Don't get them wet, pick, pull etc.. No make up to the area for a week.

Swimming I like to ideally be avoided for at least 2 weeks and unless they are desperate to swim I warn them that it is best to not swim until healed at 4 weeks. I retouch at around 6 weeks depending on age and skin type and same care rules apply after.

No using products containing exfoliant a to the area including ahas, retinols. I check there skin care routine and make sure.

Sun exposure including sunbeds are a big no, UV exposure will fade treatment anyway, but if you take sun in the healing period you might aswell not bother doing it. After they are healed SPF 30 to area.
This is not exhaustive but I have tried to include the main ones. bear in mind full healing is around 6 to 8 weeks.

Hard to say obviously but it sounds as if it was possibly technique considering she's new to it and it's hard. So many things to consider but if angle is a bit off or you work a bit fast, machine on wrong speed or without the right pressure then that will affect retention. At least you told her so she can speak to her trainer and make sure there is no issue with technique.

The other thing is that when they are first done they look really strong, you get used to this and as they heal they shrink and look less dramatic. Probably not the issue with you as you have said there is nothing there. Another thing to let you know is that with lips and eyes as the pigment settles and skin heals the colour can appear to fade away a bit, then it will show through stronger again. If you have a picture perhaps post it and I can see?

Latest posts

Back