I've made a mistake! Help, geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohmygorgeous

Reaction score
Ok before i start, i am a trained hairdresser but currently dont colour....havent done in a few yrs just my mum who has always been the same colour....so im out of practise.

Right, after many yrs of blue black hair i decided to make my way blonde. I have been for an effasor treatment,with a toner and t bar of highlights to see how it went.....then a while later a full head of bleach foils.
Colour came up nice but midlenght & ends still carried a bit of build up/warm darker tone.
I was using john freida go blonder shampoo which was keeping it looking nice and decided to try the spray IDIOT I KNOW
i am now a horrrrrrrid mingy orangey yellow...will attach pics. and need advice on a toner/semi. not able to see my hairdresser till more than a week away.
LESSON LEARNED :(
would like a nice honey or caramelly colour but think ill need to go a few shades darker to kill orange n even it out
instead of
th_IMG_2966.jpg

th_IMG_2967.jpg

th_IMG_2968.jpg

I dont mind which brand of colour as long as i can get it in my local sally :o as i dont have a colour account with anyone

plz help guys

Hi.
What spray do you mean??
How long in between the stripper and hi lites and toner?How long ago was it done?
and what condition is your hair in?
!
x

john frieda go blonder lightening spray
hair was stripped bout a month ago and foils around 2 weeks later.......have only used the lightening spray in the last few days to cause this problem. hair is a touch dry but still healthy and strong and decent condititon... no elastisicty issues

john frieda go blonder lightening spray
hair was stripped bout a month ago and foils around 2 weeks later.......have only used the lightening spray in the last few days to cause this problem. hair is a touch dry but still healthy and strong and decent condititon... no elastisicty issues

OMG stop stop stop........ Please don't use that spray anymore hun, look through my thread I posted a few months back, my poor clients hair had all snapped off :-(
Invest in some decent shampoo conditioner and intensive treatment to restore some of the condition.xx

I've binned it now Sarah I'm such an idiot. My conditions fine just this yucky yucky colour I need to cover
Any suggestions for a base 7 or 8 shade that will kill the orange?

Nothing on a base 7 will kill that, it's orange so you need to use a 6 x

Thnx blue, and I'd need a green or blue tone yeah?

I'd say some like 6/1 would you not prefer to go warm like 6/77?

I agree with Blue. Your undercoat is Orange so you need a 6 to cover that. A 6 is still going to look much lighter than blue back and you can add a few blonde highlights in the future. It's work in progress :)

Latest posts

Back