iZettle and WorldPay PAYG

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitesands

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience of these devices/services! Are these methods of taking card payments safe?

Im currently looking at getting a standard mobile chip and pin machine - but these got my attention when i saw there was no monthly rental.

Would really appreciate some help x

Hey there! My boss/colleague gave iZettle a go and it was the worst thing she ever did! She still hasn't received payments that went through in January! & a friend of mine also purchased one and had pretty much the same issue! The people at iZettle claimed she hadn't done the deposit thing that they pay backto you, which she had as soon as she got it! Way more hassle than its worth it seems! X

Have a look at sum up. I've just ordered mine so can't give feedback get but have read a couple of positive things on here about it

I have the WorldPay PAYG, I transferred from a fixed phone line machine in March. Best thing I've ever done, I'm on the All You Can Eat tarriff of £10 saving me at least £25 per month.

I swapped when I realised Streamline (same company as WorldPay) we adding a minimum charge of £15 for card processing so even if I didn't take enough transactions to total £15 they added the difference. This meant my bill was at least £34 per month (£15 rental, £15 minimum charge + VAT) whether I used the machine or not (if I was on holiday, etc.).

I work from home so have no connection issues with WiFi and all the payments have hit my bank account within a few days as they usually did with my fixed machine.

I used to work in IT so I'm a bit baffled why the card reader uses Bluetooth connectivity, it's a fairly outdated mode of connection, but it works first time everytime so far so that probably an unfounded criticism.

I use izettle and it has worked fine for me and I love it. Have a look at the izettle thread for more info

I have the WorldPay PAYG, I transferred from a fixed phone line machine in March. Best thing I've ever done, I'm on the All You Can Eat tarriff of £10 saving me at least £25 per month.

I swapped when I realised Streamline (same company as WorldPay) we adding a minimum charge of £15 for card processing so even if I didn't take enough transactions to total £15 they added the difference. This meant my bill was at least £34 per month (£15 rental, £15 minimum charge + VAT) whether I used the machine or not (if I was on holiday, etc.).

I work from home so have no connection issues with WiFi and all the payments have hit my bank account within a few days as they usually did with my fixed machine.

I used to work in IT so I'm a bit baffled why the card reader uses Bluetooth connectivity, it's a fairly outdated mode of connection, but it works first time everytime so far so that probably an unfounded criticism.

Do you need a business account to use the Worldpay PAYG? I am considering this system but don't have a business account as I work alone so it's easier for me to just stick to my normal account.

Do you need a business account to use the Worldpay PAYG? I am considering this system but don't have a business account as I work alone so it's easier for me to just stick to my normal account.

I do have a business account, I too work alone but I've always had one. They didn't specifically ask for a business account, just an account number for the direct debits, etc.

I do have a business account, I too work alone but I've always had one. They didn't specifically ask for a business account, just an account number for the direct debits, etc.

Ok thanks :) x

Hi there, just got SumUp last week, you get a free dongle to plug into your phone (android or iPhone) or iPad and your pay 2.75% of the amount you are charging your client. No other fees.

Very easy to use.

Have a look:

sumup.co.uk/go/cards

It arrived very quickly from the date I signed up.

Always good to make it easy for the client to pay :)

Good luck

Brill I'll have a look at that link and those other options. It initally sounds such a better option that paying the monthly rental and other charges with the main chip and pin rental companies, I think one of the things making me wary about using these sorts of devices is that they're new and people seem a bit funny about sticking their card into a mobile device (my clients do anyway! :( ), thank you everyone for your comments really appreciate it x

I wanted to take card payments and read all the threads on here and did my research.

I tried Sum-up, as it was a mobile solution and I could try it rather than be forced in to a 36 month contract for terminal rental....

:sad: It was rubbish...didn't work properly on my phone ( wrong version of android) and had this weird thing were people had to get a text on their smart phone to authorise :?:

Changed to worldpay mobile..brilliant!!!

Proper chip and pin style machine that all people recognise.I use an app on my mobile phone and they use the key pad.

It's all to do with number of sales and average value of each sale. For me that's easy to calculate.

World-pay is 75p per debit card, 1.75% per credit card...no other fees, but I had to pay £60 for the chip and pin machine. Easy to use as well. Money turns up in my business account a few days later.

If I use it for more than 25 transactions a month, I would be better off with Streamline, as I get a heavily discounted rate through my professional association.

I think there is a psycological benifit of paying by card....you don't FEEL is as much as parting with cash! :D

People with sum up... I absolutely love it but just wondered how long it took for your account to be duly verified for payouts! I'm verified for payments over £100 but just waiting for the next bit xxz

I was invited to be part of the worldpay payg trial from last September. No probs with processing nor receiving the money, only an app related problem but I found an older version and that solved that problem.

Give it a go!

Does anyone have experience of these devices/services! Are these methods of taking card payments safe?

Im currently looking at getting a standard mobile chip and pin machine - but these got my attention when i saw there was no monthly rental.

Would really appreciate some help x

We use WorldPay, not had any problems, we pay £25 a month I think this is reasonable.

I wanted to take card payments and read all the threads on here and did my research.

I tried Sum-up, as it was a mobile solution and I could try it rather than be forced in to a 36 month contract for terminal rental....

:sad: It was rubbish...didn't work properly on my phone ( wrong version of android) and had this weird thing were people had to get a text on their smart phone to authorise :?:

Changed to worldpay mobile..brilliant!!!

Proper chip and pin style machine that all people recognise.I use an app on my mobile phone and they use the key pad.

It's all to do with number of sales and average value of each sale. For me that's easy to calculate.

World-pay is 75p per debit card, 1.75% per credit card...no other fees, but I had to pay £60 for the chip and pin machine. Easy to use as well. Money turns up in my business account a few days later.

If I use it for more than 25 transactions a month, I would be better off with Streamline, as I get a heavily discounted rate through my professional association.

I think there is a psycological benifit of paying by card....you don't FEEL is as much as parting with cash! :D

Hazelb please could you tell me what professional association you have to get the discount you received? Many thanks

The federation of small businesses have a benefit of lower streamline charges.

Latest posts

Back