Izettle or paypal for card payments on the go

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveLocksx

Reaction score
Have any of you had any experience with the 2 companies??
I'm self employed salon based and would like to start taking card payments

I'm using izettle and love it but I know lots on here use PayPal too. I chose izettle as my business bank refunded half the price of the card reader.

Call me blonde but how does the PayPal one work..do they need a pay pal account

Didn't use paypal because it's more drawn out but I often use izettle, sum up and more than ever the world pay machine
Izettle and sum up are great, I still have the apps on my phone and use them fairly regularly but the world pay tops them all for speed and for anybody who is wary of the other two 😊
Good luck

Doesn't it take days to get to your account though?
I want something fast and trustworthy.

I use world pay zinc, it's 2.75% on all transactions, has the highest security encryption levels (apparently!) and takes 4 days to clear into my account

For iZettle I take the payment and get the money in my account 3 days later. No waiting for cheques to clear or taking cash and cheques to the bank. Also, clients are spending more now with retail purchases.

I put off getting a card reader for years and have only had mine for 2 months - so glad I finally got it.

Pay pals Instant though isn't it with there card reader

i use izettle and its great. works every time :) just need to make sure you have 3g to connect to it and voila. takes 3 working days to go into bank. if you search i found an offer to get the reader for around £30 it was? I saw it some where then couldnt find it again so i emailed them and they added it to my account so I could buy it cheaper.

the only downside is.. no telephone number if you have a questions BUT they are prompt on replying to emails :D

Is there one that works off just Bluetooth ? And signal ?

the izettle machine is connected via blue tooth but im sure you need 3G for the transaction to connect to them? someone else correct me if im wrong? I guess using the signal is like dialing through like you would on the phone?

the izettle machine is connected via blue tooth but im sure you need 3G for the transaction to connect to them? someone else correct me if im wrong? I guess using the signal is like dialing through like you would on the phone?

I have no idea lol :) maybe your right I read on one site that it was from phone signal maybe not the same one you use

The Izettle machine connects to your phone but the app requires either a 3G signal or Internet to actually connect to make the payment transaction go through, same as a normal card reader they usually need a 3G signal or Internet to connect to the merchant.
I have been using my IZettle for almost 2 years now and I wouldn't be without it.
Jen xx

Iv just received my paypal reader. It basically connects via Bluetooth with your mobile. There's a paypal app and u just open an account with paypal. The app then links your details with the reader. The money goes into your paypal account instantly....then you can transfer it into your bank account. I tend to leave it in my paypal account as I pay for goods from it eg. Room rental. And it also deters me from spending it too quick! You can also put all your treatments into a list via the app on your phone so you just hit the treatment and the price will automatically be charged! I'm finding it really quick and easy to use

Iv just received my paypal reader. It basically connects via Bluetooth with your mobile. There's a paypal app and u just open an account with paypal. The app then links your details with the reader. The money goes into your paypal account instantly....then you can transfer it into your bank account. I tend to leave it in my paypal account as I pay for goods from it eg. Room rental. And it also deters me from spending it too quick! You can also put all your treatments into a list via the app on your phone so you just hit the treatment and the price will automatically be charged! I'm finding it really quick and easy to use

Does it transfer into your bank instantly ? Can people claim the money back on pay pal

Does it transfer into your bank instantly ? Can people claim the money back on pay pal

Well It goes to paypal instantly and when I transfer to bank it's there Worthing couple hours usually. People cannot claim the money back as it goes into your account. If there's an issue or u need to refund u can do that via the app, but only u can authorise. Handy!

Well It goes to paypal instantly and when I transfer to bank it's there Worthing couple hours usually. People cannot claim the money back as it goes into your account. If there's an issue or u need to refund u can do that via the app, but only u can authorise. Handy!

Done deal then thank you :)

Did you get the machine direct from paypal

Oh and there's an offer on now finishes 31st October. £49.99 normally £70 or £80.

Latest posts

Back