jacquelineanna, gr8nails and dandelionpoppy; remember the good old days?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Er .. um ... I am still paying them to keep her there.

I told you, they didn't want her, the convicts started a riot to get her out and the wardens joined in ... I had no choice but to pay.

She's evil dontcha know.

Jacqui, i thought the British Government had agreed to help with the fund and made the USA hold onto her until further notice?

My lawyer is currently looking into the laws against false imprisonment for being

FREAKING FABULOUS

I'm going to sue you J'Anna for false imprisonment. Remember, I'm an Uh-Murricun. We are a very litigious people. I'm already pricing a new car and a beach house.

Jacqui, i thought the British Government had agreed to help with the fund and made the USA hold onto her until further notice?

And screw you, Penners!

This site has never been busier. Doesn't mean it is better, just busier.

What makes the site actually "better" is constructive, positive engagement with one another. Sadly as of late, there are a minority of hyper opinionated, rude, peeps that try to make themselves feel better by taking their natural negativity out on others while ironically complaining about "what is wrong here".

Regarding blogs... yes, they were taken down because they were hacked - but lets remember them how they were: Extremely unfrequented. As in, less than .01% of the sites traffic.

There are significantly better, more appropriate tools for blogging than what the site offered: e.g. Blogger or Wordpress. You can link to either in your profiles and offer a far better experience than we had here.

Last edited:
No problem. When SG assures me they'll delete everything I've written on here, then I'll disappear quietly. I know when I'm not wanted, so no need to gang up.

Hold up - so the only reason you are here is because we don't delete content because it guts all threads people have participated in? I can happily delete you and your account, but your content will stay.

This site has never been busier. Doesn't mean it is better, just busier.

What makes the site actually "better" is constructive, positive engagement with one another. Sadly as of late, there are a minority of hyper opinionated, rude, freaks that try to make themselves feel better by taking their natural negativity out on others while ironically complaining about "what is wrong here".

Regarding blogs... yes, they were taken down because they were hacked - but lets remember them how they were: Extremely unfrequented. As in, less than .01% of the sites traffic.

There are significantly better, more appropriate tools for blogging than what the site offered: e.g. Blogger or Wordpress. You can link to either in your profiles and offer a far better experience than we had here.

Sorry, bit confused - i just started this thread as i have been ill over the past 8 months, hadn't posted much and missed the banter of these guys, did i miss something Mr Geek? :confused:

No - I was more commenting on some of the other posts made :)

But welcome back!

Oh dear, sorry Penners! Such a jolly thread derailed.

Hope I didn't cause offence, sorry if I did, I've been off for the past year and only been back on the last month or so.
I also started a thread on how much this site has helped me in a number of ways x

No babe, don't think it had anything to do with you!

I hope not, that's the last thing id do, Things change like everything in life I guess we always look back thinking of "the good old days" but like mentioned the blogs were not used enough anyway.
Ps sorry for moaning :) x

I'm not really seeing negativity on this thread; will have to re-read.

Like others, I'm sorry you've been ill, Penners, and glad to see you back on here x

I'm not really seeing negativity on this thread; will have to re-read.

Like others, I'm sorry you've been ill, Penners, and glad to see you back on here x

I felt a huge amount of negativity earlier on in the thread but not from you at all, comments like -"full of Middle Aged hormonal women" "mothers meeting" "if your not a mother it's irrelevant" as well as everyone going on about how awful the site is now are really quite hurtful comments. Imagine reading it as a newbie! We are just not good enough :-(

I felt a huge amount of negativity earlier on in the thread but not from you at all, comments like -"full of Middle Aged hormonal women" "mothers meeting" "if your not a mother it's irrelevant" as well as everyone going on about how awful the site is now are really quite hurtful comments. Imagine reading it as a newbie! We are just not good enough :-(

Stirring doesnt really help keep it a happy thread though, does it?

Stirring doesnt really help keep it a happy thread though, does it?

Not stirring just explaining why I was upset when I read this thread.

We've cleared the air now. It's necessary at times, but shall we all move on and reinstate positivity?;)

...sooooo not the J'Anna, Gr8nailz, D-poppy way.

The three of us...we rampaged through threads, hi-jacked a fair many, had our wrists slapped plenty of times by the MODS for misbehaving and laughed all the way through. Rinn was right there with us most of the way, too. But we were never about negativity! We were about empowering and uplifting; about praise; about positivity; about teamwork and about being there for our sisters. We are a sisterhood of professionals.

Please try and find your happiness on this site. If it's not for you, then it's just not. There are others. But I'm well into my 50s now and I still haven't found perfection, well except Johnny Depp, Shemar Moore and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson." :wink2:

Not forgetting my crush, Henry Cavill.

Latest posts

Back