January and refer a friend offer help, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellishbellish

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my second Christmas at my salon, and last year I gave everyone in December a card with 20%off in January for treatments over £10. I am thinking of doing a similar one this year but wanted to do a refer a friend thing with it too. I am having a rather stupid momentary lapse and can't think how I would do this or monitor it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to reward the client for coming back and recommending a friend, but also want to offer the friend an incentive for coming in. Not even sure I'm making sense now...

Hi
Maybe on your system against the customers details in the notes section add the customers there who comes via her recommending them so you have a record and then give her a discount towards her treatment, but I would do 1discount per treatment not numerous from recommendation

Try a voucher with
"20% off in January!!! Or bring a friend and both get 30% off"
That way they are more likely to bring someone with them so they both get discount rather than just get 20% off xoxo

Hi
Maybe on your system against the customers details in the notes section add the customers there who comes via her recommending them so you have a record and then give her a discount towards her treatment, but I would do 1discount per treatment not numerous from recommendation

Thanks for your reply :) I don't have a computer system unfortunately, just a pencil and a book. Could do it on their consultation form though, that's a plan. Do you have any suggestions of what to include to give my existing client? In case you do :)

Try a voucher with
"20% off in January!!! Or bring a friend and both get 30% off"
That way they are more likely to bring someone with them so they both get discount rather than just get 20% off xoxo

Thanks for your reply too :) unfortunately tis just me on my lonesome so not sure how I'd get this one to work out. Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

Get some post cards made up. You give it to original client and wrote their name on it.

New client (friend) brings in card you sign and date give new client discount. They then give the card back to original client for them to receive discount.

This worked well for us. We also allowed clients to have more than one card to give out to lots of friends.

Hope this helpsxx

Thanks for your reply too :) unfortunately tis just me on my lonesome so not sure how I'd get this one to work out. Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

You would just do one after the other xoxo

Have you got a ladies gym nearby? I own one, and have teamed up with a hairsalon & beauty salon nearby. In December they're handing out my vouchers for the gym as it's dead in December, and in my members christmas cards I'm putting their vouchers for January when they'll be quiet. That way I get new members & they have my client base to attract. Could work for you too x

Get some post cards made up. You give it to original client and wrote their name on it.

New client (friend) brings in card you sign and date give new client discount. They then give the card back to original client for them to receive discount.

This worked well for us. We also allowed clients to have more than one card to give out to lots of friends.

Hope this helpsxx

Oooh yeah I could do this one quite well! Thank you, that's a great help.

Have you got a ladies gym nearby? I own one, and have teamed up with a hairsalon & beauty salon nearby. In December they're handing out my vouchers for the gym as it's dead in December, and in my members christmas cards I'm putting their vouchers for January when they'll be quiet. That way I get new members & they have my client base to attract. Could work for you too x

That's a great idea, thank you. There are quite a few gyms with beauty rooms in them round me, but I will have a think and see if I can approach one that doesn't already have an affiliation.

Latest posts

Back