Jessica GELeration colour transference

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nu-U Forever

Reaction score
Does anyone else find that some geleration colours come off when you use the Cleanse at the end?

It only happens wen colour isn't set properly x

I use a UV Lamp and cure for 2mins - should I perhaps do 3 mins on the colour layers do you think? Also, although my lamp is still fine, I have had the same tubes in there for about 18 months - should I change the bulbs? Sorry for all the questions! :confused:

I notice this always happens. It's only a tiny bit on the pad and doesn't affect the finished result. I don't actually know why it does it. Maybe it's any that's on the skin or at the edge if the finish hasn't totally covered it?!?

Forgot to say, I use the LED lamp and have always noticed this.

found this often happens and with Bio Sculpture. Never effected end result tho. Sorry no idea why this happens though.

Thank you girls, I shall stop worrying now :p

I think this happens as if you miss a small area of the nail when applying the finish solution. Perfectly normal I think, especially with reds.

Hi I know this is old thread but found this thread after trying to find others with geleration issues. Having some recent issues with Jessica geleration and polish after 9 years using the brand and currently back and forth with head office. Merlot in gel is really bad for coming off at end and it does effect the finish I found I had to go back over with colour. I tried a few times doing things differently with this colour but I have now reported it to my area rep who is looking into it. I have also recently found after applying brilliance that my clients polish starts sliding from side walls and cuticles and ends up looking like a light layer under and a thick dark second layer on top very strange and very annoying. We are going to send our brilliance back to get it checked. Xx

Funny you should say that about using Brilliance! I did my own toes at home with pharaoh and brilliance and the same thing happened to me. I did them another time with confident coral and brilliance and the same thing again! I redid them with top priority and brilliance and had no problems at all!

I went to a spa in Manchester for a pedicure with Jessica and had Merlot put on. I think she only put Brilliance on and it sounds like it has done this on mine, as the description matches what my toes now look like. I thought she had done a really rubbish paint job until I read this!

From what I remember from my Jessica training many moons ago, Top priority is the top coat and should be used to seal in your colour coats. brilliance is a high shine gloss, is optional, and should go over top priority for extra shine. Perhaps this is why it is disturbing the colour coats. It is thicker and needs top priority to colour lock first.

With regard to the older posts, for anyone else wondering and not aimed at anyone in particular, If you cover completely with your top coat, finish or whatever your brand requires, it shouldn't remover any colour when removing tacky layer. It is very easy to miss bits as I have recently found out using the additives. I thought I was very thorough with my shellac top coat but obviously have been a bit slap dash!

Latest posts

Back