Job interview help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautifyMe19

Reaction score
Hello geeks.. I have always done beauty full time and I'm wanting to expand my skills and try something new. I have a job interview for a admin job and have been told they want me to do a Microsoft word and excel test.. Has anyone been for an interview and had to do this? I'm guessing the word one may be to type out a letter and excel maybe work out some formulas? Basic knowledge? Just nervous about it :) any help or advice would be great x

Any time I've been for an interview and had that type of test, it's always been the basics.
Like you suggested, write a letter in word, maybe insert a picture. For excel, formulas, how to make a table, how to put a graph in using the details, etc.
If you are familiar with both program's it will be easy enough for you :)

Good luck! Xx

It really depends on the job. I once had a 2 hrs test for word, excell and powerpoint. I had to respond to 2 guest complaint letters, create a menu layout for the restaurant and do wastage reports in excell based on 6 sheets of data that were on random days through a 3 month period.

As my excell was rusty/slow for having not used it in years I actually didn't manage to complete the full excell sheet which killed me as I did an amazing job of the guest complaints and menu layout (I had worked for the hotel before so knew the drill on these).

My advice would be to brush up a little before you do the test just incase but fingers crossed its a nice easy one for you:)

OMG that sounds very difficult ha.. I ain't bad at all on computers Ive used word and excel quite a bit. I think it's more the nerves that just make you think it will be something difficult ha. It's a receptionist/admin position so I'm hoping its basic x

I'd brush up as much as possible if I were you.My sister in law had 600 people go for one opening in her office a few weeks back.

Latest posts

Back