John Freida issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_kayla_x

Reaction score
Has anyone here had problems with clients using John Freida at home before? I had a new client who's root was about 2 shades lighter than her natural base 7 before going into her previous highlights. She herself said it was a blonde John Freida shampoo and had to stop using it as found it was breaking her hair.

I did a test and although it didn't get hot or swell, it went like chewing gum so I had to refuse a colour service. Do you think protein treatments will be enough for a few months? Or would she have to completely grow this out? Her hairs way down her back so she's obviously not happy. My first concern was mainly if it contained metallic salts

Thanks x

That stuff should be banned! :rolleyes:

I think it's very similar to the old 'Sun in' product and probably does contain metallic salts. You could try using a chelating shampoo, Joico do a good one.
However, definitely do further tests on different areas until you are certain it is all gone.

As she has long hair, hopefully, she'll appreciate what an excellent professional hairdresser you are for testing it and not going straight in with bleach. :)

This happened to my client, I've converted her now to full head foils with a spatch to break it up do I only have to do the roots for the foreseeable future, I've been giving my client a mixture of olaplex treatments protein & moisture, it's starting to come back to life now but is shoulder length at the back and short around the front, I literally had to cut it all off, she did have hair right down her back and she needs a lot more cut off for it to be really healthy again, this product really should be banned

Thank you both so much. I'll try and persuade her to get onto a good home care regime and retest in a few months, at which point I can hopefully go in and do some pre lightener foils.

She did turn around and say she would go to another salon and they will do it for her as it's never been an issue in the past :rolleyes: even showing her the wrecked hair after the strand test didnt phase her and she can't understand the issue. Hey ho... x

She might 'understand' your approach better when she's carrying her hair home in a paper bag. ;)

Tell her to read the reviews on Amazon for the shampoo and then show her this :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 133
This is why I have always educated clients on ingredients to avoid (rather then brands). Because its so much easier once they know what is wrong with a product. That way they can look at the cheap products and go "oh thats that bad ingredient."

Latest posts

Back