Just 2 questions from a newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megaroo

Reaction score
I have 2 clients, with 2 different problems. The first woman, has super thin nails, from MMA damage years ago. They are like paper and really brittle and flake apart. I can't figure out how to stop her nails from lifting. She likes them a little longer (up to the first line from the free edge on the sticker forms). I called my educators and they advised me to use the plastic tips, which I can't. Her nails are to thin to blend them. I'm doing my prep properly, I keep everything clean and dust free. And she insists she uses her nail oil daily. Should I shorten her natural nail and rebuild them every fill? :mad: it's just frustrating I can't figure it out. It makes me want to quit nails. Should I suggest a more experienced nail tech for her?

Ok, woman #2. She had banged her nail and got a red spot and bruise on her nail bed. So, I did her usual fill and she had asked for full colour so it would hide the bruise. So I gave her a full colour and off she went. I went to do a fill on her this week ( 3 weeks after the prior ) and she said she banged it 2 or 3 days after her appt. I gently filed off the nail because it was tender and sore. What happened was, the gel and her natural nail cracked. Now she has pseudomonas where the crack happened. So I took off all of her nails and gave her a manicure. Cleansed the icky part and told her to clean it with alcohol, keep it dry. Then told her to go to the doctor for it, because the crack is right down to the nail bed and the greenie is on part of the crack *shudder* (that took forever to explain, sorry.) is there anything else I could have done for pseudomonas? I mean besides what I explained to her so she could continue to get gels? Or does it always result in gel removal?

Sorry I didn't think it would be this huge of a post, just wanted as much detail in there to get the best possible advise.

This is a experience I had, I can't say whether it will help but I thought I would say.

I have a client who had terrible nails, she has a hand condition and is allergic to l&p but is ok to have hard gel enhancements as we tested first, her nails are very bendy and some very flat, 1 had a tiny split and they all break very easy and she could never get a natural fee edge more than a 1/2 mm. She came to me because she didn't want to have her nails wrecked at a nss and made worse. All she said she wanted was a nice looking nail with a few mm she could see past the top of her finger. I told her we could try but no promises but we would try and it would take time, no quick fixes, she said she would happily try anything.

So we started 1st for a month using solar oil and filing the edge ever week so as to prevent spliting, breaking etc, then with nsi balance gel and natural tips I added a tiny fee edge, she came every 2 weeks for maintenance where I would normally have to replace 2 or 3 nails, due to free edge problems, infills were fine no lifting problems, just free edge problems, we kept them short always filing edge, this we have kept up for 5 months, gradually letting them grow, yesterday she came for her 2 weekly and for 3 prd session in a row she had just infills and repair to a broken nail that she admitted was her fault, she has a nice length and 6 nails are full overlays and not tips.

It has taken 6 months but finally it's paying off, she is a very happy client, who at Christmas had her 1st every "blingy" nails as she put it and she said she was proud of her hands and now doesn't outside the skin problems. she sad she knows a nss would not have put the time and effort it in and to keep carefully repairing and replacing, listening to her problem and now I have the most loyal happy client, which makes every frustration worth it.

Sometimes you have to try things like this, we can give advise but maybe you'll have to try a few different approaches and persevere as it could take some time :)

Last edited:
My clients nails over Christmas, the skin problem is on her palms.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358078993.949567.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358078993.949567.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Back