Just a bad day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilenailsbfd

Reaction score
Do you ever have one of those days you feel like crying? This morning I did 3 set of shellac which looked amazing. This aft a client had her sister there and they both wanted a set of acrylics with shellac over. I did the sister first and they looked awful :( I wasn't happy with how the acrylics turned out they looked dull and bumpy and the shellac looked pants over the top. I tried to rectify it but I still wasn't happy, the client was lovely and said the nails looked fine. I did the next set on the other lady and they looked fab! I bet first lady was gutted that her sister had fab nails and hers looked pants!!

All the way home and even now it's still bothering me. I feel really bad and feel like calling her and offering her to come back for me to fix. I didn't do anything wrong and can't understand why they looked wrong. I hate days like this, does anyone else just get these wobbles some days for no reason?

Sorry for the moan x

didnt want to read and run! dont beat yourself up, if client was happy thats the main thing...we are far too critical of our own work sometimes!!xx

Dont beat yourself up about it.
I don't do acrylics but didnt want to leave you with no replies. I'm sure they're tough to perfect and that if she would have been really unhappy Im sure yu would have been able to tell?

Has she been to you before?

Would you feel better if you did call her?

Aw hugs. We are our own worst critics sometimes! But the positive here is that the next set looked fab! Don't dwell on it too much, tomorrow is a new day. I'm sure you will do an extra fab job when she comes back for her next set! Hugs xx

She hasn't been to me before but her sister has which makes me feel worse as her sisters were ok and she obv recommended me to her :( . DP says I worry too much as she did seem ok with them, I just tried to call her now but there was no answer.

Thanks for your replies I guess it's just one of those days x

Och have a cyber hug love. I definitely know how you feel. Very similar experience with two friends, both having shellac for the first time. First set weren't the best at all and the second were really good. Annoying thing is that the first set were on the booked in client who was going on vacation and the second set were just a quickie add on for her friend as she had tagged along to watch!! I beat myself up for ages but both were thrilled so really that's all that matters eh. I'm sure you're seeing flaws that she just won't see. I do however understand how you feel. Big hug xx

Just be careful what you say to her if you call her. She may be perfectly happy with them but see the chance for a free set, just saying?Perhaps phone to check she was happy, say you always do with new clients or something?

I just called her now and asked if they were ok. She said she was happy with them etc and said shed call when she wanted them redoing so I guess we will see. I got the impression she was pretty easy going today anyway so maybe she wasn't that fussed lol. I feel a bit better now I've spoken to her and was careful not to let on how worried I was just incase she tried it on for free nails haha, tomorrow's another day I guess. Thanks everyone x

Excellent news. Sleep easy :) x

Hi there, I know exactly how you feel. How do I know, been there & done that!
I stopped doing acrylics a while ago but would always beat myself up for the imperfections & felt that same way, wound up crying & even feeling so guilty.

You cant keep beating yourself up over that every time it comes out less then perfect in your eyes.

On one client it may & on another perhaps not...You must remember that you are only human. You arent a robot whom is programed by a manufacturer. Hell even those machines break down every so often & wind up causing damages to the company.

What I am trying to say is that we are our worst critics, always looking for 100% but all we can do is give it our best. You did just that & your client appreciated it!

Be proud of whom you are & what you have done for her.

Wishing you the very best!:Love:

Latest posts

Back