Just found out I'm pregnant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josiejo

Reaction score
Hey geekers just found out I'm five weeks preg N worried about fumes etc.

I have just bought a nouvatan spray kit and started spraying and also do a lot of silk nail extensions and shellac.... Will any of this harm the baby??? Please help xx x x x x x

Can't help with silk nails, but shellac not a problem, tanning just ensure proper ventilation as recommended.

I would say that the biggest thing when pregnant is to look after your back, so be careful when bending and lifting.

Good luck with your pregnancy, I'm currently 20 weeks, so half way and let Me tell you time flies:) xxx

Ahhhh thank u!!! As if ur preg too!! I've felt sick from my third week ... Yuk! Are u mobile too or do u work in a salon? Thank u for your reply x x

Ive got a 4yr old and when pregnant with her i was still carrying on as normal! She is fine and so was i. Ask your midwife if u are really worried then she can put your mind at rest x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I don't think a midwife will know much about nail products.

You are perfectly safe to work with all nail products and you take the normal precautions.

All my nail techs and my own daughter have worked right up until the last minute in the salon ... In the case of my daughter up until 3 hours before she had the last one.

But seriously ... Think of the thousands upon thousands of nail technicians who work while pregnant. Nail products are deemed safe to use and I have never heard of any nail technicians who have had a problem other than the smell can get to them sometimes ... But so can the smell of cooking. Be calm ... Your baby is safe from any harm from you working ... As said above, watch the lifting of heavy kit bags etc. if you are mobile.

I sympathise with the sickness, suffering from hyperemisis and it sucks, but thankfully feeling a bit better everyday!

I work for myself and go mobile or from my house. I am getting a garden room to work from. It this has been put temporarily on hold til after bubs is here and I am sticking to my other non industry part time job and clients as and when but not actively promoting until after bubs. No more children After this one an can fully concentrate on career!

Good luck and hope your feeling better :) xxx

I don't have any advice really as I'm just starting out but you could phone ur educator or supplier to put your mind at ease.

Congratulations!

Sarah Xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Congratulations :)

I would think you just have to careful with your back and heavy equipment but otherwise as others have said your baby is pretty safe in there.. Enjoy your pregnancy xx

I have 4 weeks left :) I'd probably just wear a mask when doin nails/tans if ur worried.

I don't do acrylics but do shellac & tanning. Shellac i'm fine with but if i have alot of tans in i wear a mask xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I don't have any advice really as I'm just starting out but you could phone ur educator or supplier to put your mind at ease.

Congratulations!

Sarah Xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I am an educator and supplier! lol :biggrin:

I am an educator and supplier! lol :biggrin:

Lol not to mention one of the biggest gurus in the industry!

Latest posts

Back