Just my big toe (first attempt crystal pedicure)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandita8601

Mandita
Reaction score
don't have swarovski crystals but wanted to give it a try. I just used gems i had. What do you think of my first attempt? and what do you suggest i do to improve it?

I think they look really nice. What did you use i.e normal basecoat, gel or adhesive? Did you do them in straight lines/rows orwas it just randomly. Another thing is did you put a topcoat on after you've finished? Keep us posted on how it wears. Good job.

Started off with rows, then was losing interest and just wanted it finished so kinda threw them on after that lol I applied gel then put the gems on top curing a few rows at a time. then put a layer of gel over the top. it's kinda clear pink gel cos i don't have any clear just now. But it didn't seem to affect the shine. That was a couple of days ago, i've been picking them to see if it's coming away and so far they're on solid. see how long it lasts:)

looks fab from here/// do they get caught if wearing trainers.. ie gym x

no haven't been caught on anything yet. touch wood lol no can't feel them there at all. Just functions like a normal toe nail :)

Looks nice! How long did it take you to do it hun? and please let us know how long it lasts!

jodie x x

You have done a nice neat job.

I think if I were going to do this I would use a Silver Lightening Minx on the toe nail first and then add the crystals on top using resin snd activator to dry. I think it would be allot quicker, and any gaps such as you have there around the cuticle line would be disguised completely by the silver lightning Minx underneath .. also i wouldn't have to bother with a top coat as there would be no need for it.

Looks nice! How long did it take you to do it hun? and please let us know how long it lasts!

jodie x x

I didn't time it :eek: but it did take a while. I've taken it off, not because i had to but was getting fed up looking at it. I've no doubt it was going to stay there till it grew out.
If i had different sized gems i wouldv'e put smaller ones near the cuticle to prevent gaps

Hi

I think they look great! I did pink swarovski crystal pedi on my toes last week. I put gel top coat over the top and that did make the crystals loose their shine abit. They were still very sparkly.

If you're not careful they can catch. I do allot of running. I didn't realise how sharp they were! I must have left a sharp edge on one of my toes because I manage to cut my other toe and made it bleed. So next time I will be careful to make sure everything is smooth. I used 4mm swarovski so slightly bigger than you used. It does seem to take forever to complete ten toes and does require allot of patients to get them straight but the end result is stunning. I've bought some rhinestones to try next.

Last edited:
be sure to put the pics up when you've done it:)

Hi, just wondering if anyone have an idea of what swarovski crystal size to use and could you also recommend a good make resin and activator to use with it? Geeg, I like your idea of putting a silver lightening minx first to disguise the cuticle area.

I used star nails resin and activator and used a 2mm crystal when i did my daughter's big toes and they look fab.

Hi all i am new to this site(as a member) but have been looking at it for a long time for ideas help etc!

I did myself a crystal pedicure for my beach holiday in may and it was delightful. Absolutely LOVED it....

I used ss6 1.8mm stones and quick dry resin to set them.
Took a while, but SO worth it....i now have minx on my toes, but will be going back to the crystals soon!
They lasted well over 3 weeks! Didnt dull, lost a few, but could not notice.

I am so going to use the silver lightening next time!:) Although i do like that you can see a little nail plate under the crystals.

Latest posts

Back