Just sacked a client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Murasaki

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I had a client round to my home salon on Saturday as her she had been dumped by her original MUA 2 months before wedding due to the MUA having 'personal problems' and couldn't fulfil the booking.

I like to think that I give people the benefit of the doubt so booked her in for a trial and then against wishes she paid deposit to hold me for the wedding day.

I didn't want to take the wedding deposit as having been let go by one MUA I felt I would need to see 'how we got on' before taking the booking further.

3 were booked for the trial and I confirmed on the day that 3 people would be coming.

When she turned up she also brought with her, her 5 year old nice without telling me. I'm not insured for children to be in my home and the client knew she coming to my home.

I had to politely tell her that I couldn't have the 5 year old in my home and why and that had she told me before hand it was of saved embarrassment on both sides and if she want to rebook at better time when they have child care she could do so.

She replied that she shouldn't have ask me if it was ok to bring the child and that thought if she just tuned up with her that I would be forced to accommodate them and she wasn't going to rebook and wanted the trial there and then.

The child's mum then said it wasn't a problem and that her sister had said it was ok so she assumed she let me know and that she would take the child to park while 2 of them were having a trial and for the grandmother to look after the child while she was having her makeup done

The brides mum was very embarrassed and kept apologising for her daughter (the brides) behaviour.

However the brides behaviour got worse, she started to take the pi33 out me and humiliate me in MY OWN HOME in front of her mother, then in front of the sister when she arrived.

Surprisingly the bride and the mother and sister loved their makeups!

However, I think it's awful to speak to someone that in the first place, let alone to do it to someone in their own home..that is disgusting and disrespect full.

So today after sleeping in it for a day or so I sent her a messaging saying that was going to have to graciously decline her wedding booking as I felt I wasn't the right artist for her and that I would be refunding her wedding day deposit.

I now know why the other MUA really cancelled lol

Didn't want to read and run.

How awful for you, you did the right thing. I would've sent her on her merry way too.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bridezilla! What was she saying to humiliate you? I would have done the same to be honest! I think people think that because they are paying you they can behave however they want. Did she reply to your message?

<3 Stephanie <3

Some people eh? You did the right thing.

Bravo you what a rubbish character i hope she feels equally humiliated

Bridezilla! What was she saying to humiliate you? I would have done the same to be honest! I think people think that because they are paying you they can behave however they want. Did she reply to your message?

<3 Stephanie <3

For example, i would try and explain things like natural lighting and how it can bleach the look of makeup in pictures and that by arranging the trial at the same time as her wedding she get idea how the makeup would look in natural light. So when the makeup was applied I asked her to look in the natural light by the window in a hand mirror rather than in my mirror in the hall.

She just mocked me and throughout the trial she would just take the pi33 out of what I would say and pick out key phrases that id said and repeat them in a childish voice randomly to me and her mum or sister in room like what I'd said was stupid or what i was say was ridiculous.

this went on for 2.5 hours!!!

Her behaviour was something liken to a spoilt child's and very strange!

I know she has read my message, but no reply yet from her....

The last time I came across someone doing a similar thing was when I was working in a psychiatric unit as HCA when I was 17 :-/

Last edited:
I would have stopped and said either you can leave now or we can finish the trial without the comments. What a idiot!

Bravo you what a rubbish character i hope she feels equally humiliated

Two MUAs have now terminated bookings with her, there is pattern developing here!

Good for u for standing up and being strong xx

I'm really surprised she hasn't got back to me quicker as I can't refund her until she sends me her bank details:-/
No doubt when she does make contact she will be nasty and spiteful!

Slightly off the point I know, but I can't help wondering what her husband to be is like. Haha.

For example, i would try and explain things like natural lighting and how it can bleach the look of makeup in pictures and that by arranging the trial at the same time as her wedding she get idea how the makeup would look in natural light. So when the makeup was applied I asked her to look in the natural light by the window in a hand mirror rather than in my mirror in the hall.

She just mocked me and throughout the trial she would just take the pi33 out of what I would say and pick out key phrases that id said and repeat them in a childish voice randomly to me and her mum or sister in room like what I'd said was stupid or what i was say was ridiculous.

this went on for 2.5 hours!!!

Her behaviour was something liken to a spoilt child's and very strange!

Sounds like a right weirdo! I bet her mum and sister were embarrassed! I'm sure when she ends up doing her own make up for her wedding because noone will work with her she might realise how rude she is! Ill be interested to see what she replies back, really odd behaviour though :/

<3 Stephanie <3

Wow how horrible!
To be honest I don't think I would have managed without chucking her out of the house!!
I hope I never encounter anyone like her!! Xxxxx

It was very hard to them people out of my house as I know she would of caused seen, I didn't want her to get aggressive and she owed me money.

I also didn't want to ruin the trial for her sister or mum as it wasn't their fault.

I what gets to me is that I was going out of my way to fit her in as I already have a wedding booked in the morning and to fit her in it would of meant a 2 hour round trip to where she was based from where I was working in the morning and she knew that.

So after Saturday why should I o out of my literally for someone who is so rude and weird...

Just a quick update!

She has just emailed me back and said that she totally understood why i was cancelling.

Just a quick update!

She has just emailed me back and said that she totally understood why i was cancelling.

she sounds like an awful person! I've never had to deal with anyone like this 'yet' had the odd couple of crazy bridezillas and one even brought her own makeup (foundation was way too dark and eyeshadows were awful quality)

I actually hate working on brides and prefer to just do normal makeup (eg. night out, special event, prom etc) too much hassle and some brides can make you feel uncomfortable

You have hot the nail on the head, some brides do make us uncomfortable and don't realise or understand is that the trial is a 2 way thing, it's not just for their benefit its for ours too!

Which means they need to be on THEIR best behaviour too.

This client was shocked that I dropped her, she thought I would put up with such terrible behaviour in my own home.

I feel sorry for her sister and mother as this the second trial they have had to attend and the Mua has dropped the booking due to the brides behaviour

She's now left less than 2 months prior to her wedding with no Mua

To annoy the bride I would still agree to doing the MOB & sister!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back