Keeping brush clean

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzy13

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have always worked full time doing cnd l&p so never had to worry about my brush not being clean, but i have had a couple years off work due to having a baby and have started doing the odd set of nails mobile. Now i am wondering how to keep my brush clean and not getting contaminated as i wont be using it everyday as i know this is when it can start turning my l& p yellow. i really hope someone can help as i dont want to be buying new brushes every week lol

hi hun, im mobile too and i make sure its totally clean and dry after my client then i roll it up in kitchen roll. my cnd trainer said this is a great way of storing it, you can also by nail boxes which look like a small black pencil case and the brush lies flat in them. either way works fine x

thanks for the quick reply, i will give that a try, i am also thinking of giving it a clean every other day in fresh monomor so the old does not stay in it xx

thanks for the quick reply, i will give that a try, i am also thinking of giving it a clean every other day in fresh monomor so the old does not stay in it xx

i work wed, thurs, fri and sats so for me so long as its thoroughly cleaned after each one then its ok. i do soak it overnight in monomer every other week to ensure it is as good as new! i find the handle needs cleaning more than the bristles! x

Fab, i will do the same, it will sure save on the monomor lol
How do you find working moblie, i have not tried it before as always rented a room. i am starting from scratch as i have moved towns , very scary .

Hey, i also just put a small amount of cutice oil on to keep my bristles in good condition just makesure u thoroughly wipe it off :) HTH x

I ensure the brush is wiped clean after use, using clean monomer squash it between a clean wipe. I never let my brush near any other product, just monomer. This seems to ensure it doesnt get contaminated and end up yellowing your finished acrylics.

I have a cnd coffin that my brush lives in, when not in use, wrapped in a clean tissue.

Hth Julie

i love being mobile hun and would go into a salon for the world but just my opinion. i love the freedom of hours/days to work and love the clients i meet. never had a bad one yet. good luck hun, im sure youll love it x

i love being mobile hun and would go into a salon for the world but just my opinion. i love the freedom of hours/days to work and love the clients i meet. never had a bad one yet. good luck hun, im sure youll love it x

think this may be in the wrong thread! :)

no hun she asked how i found being mobile if you look x

that's a bit weird, I'd read another one posted about being mobile.....

ALL monomer ages, it's just a matter of time, the more you use your brush, the better it will be ........if I was doing nails once a week, I would actually wash, condition, air dry and shape my brush before storing .... this would stop any chemical reaction.
Storing your brush for too long with monomer in the hair is an issue, monomer is a chemical that does react/change and does break down over a period of time, no matter what brand the monomer and no matter what quality the brush.

ALL monomer ages, it's just a matter of time, the more you use your brush, the better it will be ........if I was doing nails once a week, I would actually wash, condition, air dry and shape my brush before storing .... this would stop any chemical reaction.
Storing your brush for too long with monomer in the hair is an issue, monomer is a chemical that does react/change and does break down over a period of time, no matter what brand the monomer and no matter what quality the brush.

I only work part time so not using my brush often. What would i wash and condition the brush with please?

Lynn

I i

Latest posts

Back