Keeping cool

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Lexikiki

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
Was just wondering how do u all stay cool in this weather doing massage etc Yet still look professional? I get so hot and the girls i work with all wear vest tops (they are hairdressers) But i dont feel right wearing one. I wear a tunic and am not sure if a vest top is suitable or not? Thanks

pinkfairy

Reaction score
You can get some lovely sleeveless tunics, wear them with cropped trousers or leggings and still look professional.
Perhaps have a little fan directed at you but not affecting the client as well as it really does get hot doesn't it?!

cllupton

Reaction score
Wow I was just thinking the same thing! I get so hot and I love wearing my tunic. Hey, maybe we could get them on the couch, make them close their eyes and then strip off our tunics to have a vest top underneath? Tbh, I think I'd still be hot. I just try and drink plenty of cold water.

dandelionpoppy

Reaction score
I have a sip of water at each natural break in the routine, and have a cool fan blowing on my feet (It doesn't impinge on the client, but if my feet are cool I feel much more comfortable.)

cheekychick

Reaction score
Evian water spray. I couldn't live without it in the summer. Comes in a can an obviously has no odour. I spray it on my face, arms & feet whenever i need to. cools me right down. I use it on holiday too. :) I'm mobile but I'm sure you'd be able to use it in a salon? x

Lexikiki

Reaction score
Thanku guys thats great xx I like the idea of tunics and cropped trousers and will definately be getting water spray and a fan in the room x And plenty of water :)
Ill be all set then it will prob snow! Lol x

Elaine143a

Reaction score
When I had my salon (with no air con), in the very hot weather I used to wear white linen trousers and a white vest top. I still wore my "nurses" fob watch attached to my vest and always apologised to my clients for not wearing uniform. Guess what - they ALL said words to the effect: "dont blame you in this weather".

As long as you are professional, sometimes it doesn't matter what you wear - within reason.

I know of several EXCELLENT and highly experienced therapists on this site that never wear uniform, just smart clothes.

If you feel less professional not wearing a uniform, how about getting vest tops / tee shirts printed with a logo?

hth

Melk

Reaction score
I wear black three quarter pants in a poly material, a thin floaty tunic and a three quarter sleeve tshirt under, I don't like to not wear sleeves on really hot days I will just put a short sleeve tshirt under. Black is my preferred colour or dark under as then perspiration underarms is not visible.

MisstyB

Reaction score
I have the baking heat of Spain to deal with...so cotton fishermans pants and vests for me!!!........my beauty room over looks the beach so not only am I sweating my cojones off I also have to watch people walking to and from the beach all day : (
xxxx

Lph

Reaction score
Omg I feel so sorry for you all! I've got air conditioning in my room and it's just perfect. I can adjust the temperature to the degree and adjust the fan so it doesn't blow on clients. I just wear my normal tunic and trousers uniform but realise how hot it is when I leave!!

CrunchBunch

Reaction score
I have the baking heat of Spain to deal with...so cotton fishermans pants and vests for me!!!........my beauty room over looks the beach so not only am I sweating my cojones off I also have to watch people walking to and from the beach all day : (
xxxx
Oh I feel sooo sorry for you ;-) Wish I was in Spain! X

souz

Reaction score
theres another thread on here at the min about what we are all wearing!!

some girls have said a tunic style top with leggings, some linen dresses,

i am wearing linen trousers (£10 in primark!!all colours) with either tunic or printed t shirt and sandals xx

Lexikiki

Reaction score
When I had my salon (with no air con), in the very hot weather I used to wear white linen trousers and a white vest top. I still wore my "nurses" fob watch attached to my vest and always apologised to my clients for not wearing uniform. Guess what - they ALL said words to the effect: "dont blame you in this weather".

As long as you are professional, sometimes it doesn't matter what you wear - within reason.

I know of several EXCELLENT and highly experienced therapists on this site that never wear uniform, just smart clothes.

If you feel less professional not wearing a uniform, how about getting vest tops / tee shirts printed with a logo?

hth
Thankyou Really good ideas 😃

Latest posts