Keeping track of loyalty cards/vouchers/refer a friend etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire83

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Sorry if I sound a little dense asking these questions, but I've been wondering about them this evening.

How do you all deal with your refer a friend schemes, loyalty cards and gift vouchers? How do you record who referred who and who receives a certain discount etc?

When someone pays with a gift voucher, how do you record that the treatment has already been paid for? What if the voucher is for say £20 and they have a £10 treatment, do you record they still have £10 left or anything?

Are these recorded in your appointment book/software system or do just cross your fingers you've got it right? I like to be organised and know who has what etc so I'm interested to find out the way you deal with these types of things.

Hi Geeks

Sorry if I sound a little dense asking these questions, but I've been wondering about them this evening.

How do you all deal with your refer a friend schemes, loyalty cards and gift vouchers? How do you record who referred who and who receives a certain discount etc?

When someone pays with a gift voucher, how do you record that the treatment has already been paid for? What if the voucher is for say 20 and they have a 10 treatment, do you record they still have 10 left or anything?

Are these recorded in your appointment book/software system or do just cross your fingers you've got it right? I like to be organised and know who has what etc so I'm interested to find out the way you deal with these types of things.

I have a little black book :grin: I record all of my gift vouchers in it (which are numbered), the details of the person who bought it, how much it was for and the expiry date. At the beginning of each month I put in my diary who's voucher is about to expire and the date, then a week prior, I'll text or email them as a courtesy to remind them its about to expire (if not already used).

Refer a friend cards go in with the record card of the refer-ee and used up loyalty cards. My biz cards double up as loyalty cards so once its been filled, they get another one, and the used up one goes in with their record card.

As for if all the voucher isn't spent, again, this goes on the back of the record card so it's all there to see when they book in.

Hope this makes sense and helps a bit, lol! Xx

Thanks, that has helped lots.

I assume you don't use salon software and just have books etc. How do you find getting on with these? I'm worried I won't be able to keep track of things.

Anyone else have any ideas on this?

Hi hun,

No, I don't use salon software, I work from home so it's fairly easy to keep track of.

Xx

I keep record cards for each client and only do spray tans so maybe easier to keep track but what I offer is five pounds off for each new customer recommended.

The way I keep track is by sticking a star on the record card of the client who referred the new customer, the ones I bought were from smiths I think? About 500 gold and silver stars in a pack... when the referee has their next tan I can instantly see if they have stars, so if they have 2 stars that's 10 pounds off their tan! When used I cross through them with a biro.

Clients are normally over the moon to get their discount and they don't have to prompt me for it. Also they don't have to take all their discount at once, could use one star a week if they wanted and I could still keep track :)

Sent from my HTC Desire

I keep record cards for each client and only do spray tans so maybe easier to keep track but what I offer is five pounds off for each new customer recommended.

The way I keep track is by sticking a star on the record card of the client who referred the new customer, the ones I bought were from smiths I think? About 500 gold and silver stars in a pack... when the referee has their next tan I can instantly see if they have stars, so if they have 2 stars that's 10 pounds off their tan! When used I cross through them with a biro.

Clients are normally over the moon to get their discount and they don't have to prompt me for it. Also they don't have to take all their discount at once, could use one star a week if they wanted and I could still keep track :)

Sent from my HTC Desire

That's a great idea, I can see how that works without you lsing track of anything. I really need to get my brain in gear to work out a system ready for when I open. :)

i dont have stars ... but like sherrie i track everything to do with clients on their record cards ... easy !

i have a spreadsheet for gift vouchers

whatever you decide to do, try not to over complicate your processes

kxx

Sent from my HTC Desire

i dont have stars ... but like sherrie i track everything to do with clients on their record cards ... easy !

i have a spreadsheet for gift vouchers

whatever you decide to do, try not to over complicate your processes

kxx

Thanks. Can I ask what your spreadsheet is made up like?

hi just really basic claire

date purchased, by whom, voucher number, amount, date used - i think thats it !

kx

Thanks. Can I ask what your spreadsheet is made up like?

Latest posts

Back