Keratin blow dry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Zoe*

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm a beauty geek and I am thinking about getting a keratin blow dry. Can some kid hair geek give me some info about them? How long they last? How long do they take to do? Etc :)

Also I have had my hair heavily bleached in the past. Will this be a problem? I don't think it is too bad a condition because I regularly use hair masks and hair oils.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi !
The system used in my salon is nano keratin , it is not a straightening service , more like a smoothing service. The hair is more manageable and less frizzy , it lasts for four months but can only be done twice per year . Damaged hair is not an issue , infact the more damaged the hair is , the better the result is .
Hope this helps !

Hi !
The system used in my salon is nano keratin , it is not a straightening service , more like a smoothing service. The hair is more manageable and less frizzy , it lasts for four months but can only be done twice per year . Damaged hair is not an issue , infact the more damaged the hair is , the better the result is .
Hope this helps !

O dear I thought it was a straightening service! So when I have it done, I will style is as usual but it will just be smoother?

I have been thinking of having one for a while now but have heard mixed opinions. The one offered at my regular salon is called La Brasilliana (I think!) and I would love the opinion of any of you hair pros.

I have the kerastraight on my hair and would definitely recommend, the first one I had lasted 2 months then the second 4 months just had my third one before Christmas. My hair was quite wavy & frizzy and I had to straighten it everyday now I only run the straighteners over it for a night out and its cut the blow drying time in half wish I had it done sooner!

I have the kerastraight on my hair and would definitely recommend, the first one I had lasted 2 months then the second 4 months just had my third one before Christmas. My hair was quite wavy & frizzy and I had to straighten it everyday now I only run the straighteners over it for a night out and its cut the blow drying time in half wish I had it done sooner!

Does you blow dry it straight then? X

Hey ladies, the keratin blow dry is not a straightening service like said it is a smoothing service, it's none chemical aimed at making your hair calmer and more manageable and easier for you to style yourself and thus making it quicker for you to achieve the same results you used to.

It's ok on damaged hair due to none chemical, also as a must, you MUST use sulphate free shampoo and conditioner from a salon range or the range that your hairdresser advises as most have their recommended hair care or their own hair are to accompany the blow dry :)

And timing, about 3 to 4 months on average x

Does you blow dry it straight then? X

Yep, I can now blow dry my hair straight which I never could before and in hot weather it was so unmanageable major frizz! I know everyone's hair is different so results differ but I would definite recommend trying it to see the results for yourself I wish I had mine sooner my hair was so damaged from using straighteners everyday particularly with split ends but its in such better condition now.

As said you need to use sulphate free products so i had to give away some of my styling products as its not a cheap treatment i wanted to make sure i got as long out of it as possible, I've used a few different brands but always gone back to the loreal sulphate free range the colour care one also really protects your colour. :)

Latest posts

Back