Kids Parties?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raajk

Reaction score
Hi All

I am wantng to offer kids nail parties in my salon. A local salon to me offer nail file & polish with nail art for £15 per child.

I have a few ideas and just want to know what you think, i have managed to locate nail goody bags which come packed and contain polish, file, nail art and couple of other little things they cost £3 each, i have thought about sourcing my own stuff but reckon it will all add up in the end.

My idea so far is, minimum 4 children and maximum 10
£15 per child to include party bag, nail file & polish, nail art & small birthday cake for girl. 7-15yrs old.

I am wanting to add make-up, just lipgloss, some eyeshadow and a little bit of blusher do you reckon i could put this down as an add on and what do you think i should charge for it as an extra if the customer wanted it.

How could i keep the other kids occupied? I know there are lots of threads on this but i am lookng for information based on the above.

My salon is called Viva Glam and i was thinking of calling it VIVA DIVA'S??

Please share your thoughts and ideas with me any advice would be greatly appreciated as i want to start marketing this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Hi
yes I have just started offering childrens parties(princess pamper parties). I charge £12.00 per child and will offer a mini manicure and mini make-up. I am going to offer a goody bag with a mini polish and file with some glitzy stickers (Superdrug do some good offers) and as someone suggested a pack of love hearts which is very girly, Maybe something else for the birthday girl?. You dont want to pay out too much because you want to make a profit. I will only do 4 - 6 at a push 8 children as I am on my own and you dont want them waiting around for too long. I have asked the parent to bring a few games with them to occupy them. I have also asked a parent to stay with the children to keep an eye on them.
Just keep it simple, they will love the pampering anyway.
Hth X
Where did you find the goody bags?

Its sparklynails.co.uk. Thanks, i am only doing ten because there is two of us otherwise would have made it less. Thats a good idea to bring games, will keep that in mind.

Hi, Great name for the parties, I do nail parties and we are called mini divas I do my parties at their home so I am bit different to you but I have found that depending on their age colouring is a good way to keep them occupied, I have a picture of a hand and get them to design their own nail art, if you have some displayed this will give them the general idea you could do the best one wins a small prize to keep them focused on it. mostly they like to watch what you are doing. I do the party bags and have got them to about £1 each, but i do source everything that goes in them and I buy in bulk to keep the costs down. I have a pink party bag with a nail polish, nail stickers, love heart sweets and my advertising for the mums, they just add a slice of cake and that seems to work. hth. Claire x

Hi there, Ill answer this from a parents view that has had 2 of these at different salons
The 1st did mini manicure/pedicure with nail art and gave the girls a goody bag with a polish and nail file and I was charged £30 for 3 girls
The 2nd hand mini manicure and make up done with no gift and was charged £18 for again 3 girls

dunno if this will help but the girls were over the moon with it :lol:​

Hi there, Ill answer this from a parents view that has had 2 of these at different salons

The 1st did mini manicure/pedicure with nail art and gave the girls a goody bag with a polish and nail file and I was charged £30 for 3 girls
The 2nd hand mini manicure and make up done with no gift and was charged £18 for again 3 girls​

dunno if this will help but the girls were over the moon with it :lol:​

They are really good prices!

I have decided to charge £15 per child, for mini manicure, nail art, goody bag and birthday cake for birthday girl and make-up as a add on for £3 extra per child. I am basing this on what people are charging round about me and beleive it or not i am still a fair bit cheaper!

Careful with the name change - i know theres a shoe company called viva la diva

On ebay they do pink card bags i think they work out about £4 for 10 i know it is a bit more expensive but you could put your business card on the outside (stuck in center) just as a bit of extra advertising or you could tie them to outside of organza bags,
im doing a pamper evening for my local brownies in a couple of weeks and to save money i have just done samples nail file funky pack of tissues & leaflet wrapped in tissue paper and celophane and tied pink cord around the outside with a business card attached they always go down well as this is an evening with lots of other beauty therapists and hair dressers so i try and add something extra to treatments to get new clients in.

Dont know if this is any help first reply so sorry if i ramble on
xxxxxx:green:

I do 4-10 kids depending on staff, they get hands n feet done, airbrush tattoo's, lipgloss, eyeshadow and a few ghd curls for the older ones. I was told by my make-up artist to give consent forms before make-up for skin sensitivities.
I dont give party bags but do provide sweets and drinks whilst there. If asked I would research items for bags but it would prob be pricey - tho the sparkley nails ones seem good.

Received my Sparkly Nail goody bags and must say i an quite disappointed they look quite cheap! Think i will stick to doing up my own.

I've bought my polishes from Superdrug, 3 products for £5.00, I am going to give a mini polish a nail file and they do face gems so I'll pop one in each bag with sweets works to about £3.00 pr bag. Do you put on nail gems on the nails or do u do nail art. Was thinking of putting one on each of the little nails, a bit of bling u know. I do a little bit of sparlkly make up and have some glittery mascara to use. How many coats of polish would you put on the nails was thinking of putting base 1 coat of colour and top coat. As they get a bit fidgety and don't let nails dry. x

I will be offering gems and nail stickers. Personally i will be putting on two coats to try and make it last a bit longer.

I am going to try Claires for accessories and hopefully get some good stuff, i have heard the do quite alot of offers x

Claire's should be good, lots of little accessories. When have you got your 1st party and will you be salon based? I am doing a party for 6 seven year olds on sat in salon. looking forward to it. Ahh they get so excited. Wish we had something like that when I was a nipper. X

Claire's should be good, lots of little accessories. When have you got your 1st party and will you be salon based? I am doing a party for 6 seven year olds on sat in salon. looking forward to it. Ahh they get so excited. Wish we had something like that when I was a nipper. X

First party is a week on Saturday and there is 5 girls. I have taken on a Saturday girl so hopefully try and promote it more so she can be kept busy too x

Go for it - I'm finding people send more on the kids than they do themselves

I know it was said about mini nail polishes if you have a primaerk near you they do a set of about 6-8 fr £2-3 works out cheap as a budgie!:lol:
xxx

LOL! I know i keep going on about this, but... I went to Asda today and seen some great party bag fillers, eye shadows, nail polish, hair accessories etc, etc £5 for 4 packs!!! Would definately work out quite alot cheaper than buying ready made bags.

I give the parents the option of how much or little they want to spend.
Its on my website if you wanna have a look.
I used to offer drinks and crisps and things but you have to be careful of food allergies etc. In the end i told parents that we couldn't offer this service any more, but they are more than welcome to bring along their own party goodies & cake if required. They also organise the party bags. If they asked, i would head to claires and make up wee party bags.
One lady brought along pencils and pictures of ladies and the girls had to design outfits for them, they were totally engrossed in the task. This was a god send because usually there are 10 girls screaming and giggling around the place hehe, its all good fun & a nice change.

Hia,

I'm just starting up as a mobile tech and want to offer kids parties. I'm looking to offer nail painting and art. Should i offer a choice of fingers or toes or include the two as standard? Also I've no idea what to charge?

Any advice on ladies pamper eve's would be good too....Lol!

Help!!!!:eek:

Try here for other accessories they do great kids hair things, only thing is there is a minimum order of £50 but thats ok if you have a lot booked.....

Cath
x

Latest posts

Back