Quantcast

kneeling chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

lola67

Reaction score
Hi, I have found over the last couple of weeks that after a day at work my lower back is killing me. The chair I sit on isn't the most comfortable in the world and I can't seem to adjust it enough to support my back properly. I've tried wedging things behind my back to support me, but that's not working either.
I was thinking about investing in one of those kneeling chairs?? ( i don't know the proper name for them) and was wondering whether anyone else uses one and how they find it.
xx

Scratchers

Reaction score
i had one at my old salon it was great for releiving back ache and it does make you sit properly xx

rouge

Reaction score
i had one at my old salon it was great for releiving back ache and it does make you sit properly xx
Can I ask, did it take you a while to get used to?

* Helen *

Reaction score
I have one too but I find that I tend to slouch more with it ... I miss having a back rest!

The problem I have with my lower back is muscular & I think I maybe putting more strain on it!! I dont know, I will ask my oesteopath when I see him next!!

I got mine from http://www.furnitureatwork.co.uk/Web...productId=5283

ladybgemini

Reaction score
I have one and it does take a bit of getting used to, I had to break myself in gently or I was in alot of pain. Now it's fabby, I wouldnt be without it and my back problem is much better due to sitting correctly although I have arthritis in my spine which is never going to go away I can ease the pain by sitting properly whilst working.

There is a thread somewhere titled "are you sitting comfortably", I suggest a read through that one too.

HTH

Rachel

nailzoo

Reaction score
those gym balls are a good idea also, (get one the right size for you) if you dont sit up str8, you fall flat on your ass (that'll learn ya)

pinkcat85

Reaction score
Hiya, I use one at my office and it does make you sit properly althought they are a bit odd to get used to!

Noodle

Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Had one, couldn't get on with it, sold it :confused:

melissaq

Reaction score
Vancouver Island, British Columbia,Canada
I had one as well......and although comfy......

I found that I kept running over my clients feet under my desk with the chair :eek: as I needed to be closer to my table .....

It was good for pedis though ....

but I went back to a regular chair with a comfy pillow behind me ........

Latest posts