Koleston help as I am used to Majirel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathair

Reaction score
Hi all

Majirel for white hair you would use a 4.0, the zero shows that it is used for coverage on grey hair. How does this work with Kolleston Deep Browns? What shows it is used for greys, if anything? Or do you add base?

Thanks

K

I'd go for a 44/0 koleston 6%
However if your wanting a tone I'd go for 4/0 base then your desired tone xx

Thanks for the information, but it still doesn't mean a lot. I really want to learn about the Koleston system, where can I get more information please xx

If you want to know more I'd agree with Lauren 121 you need to go on a course and get full understanding as there are some many products under wella that may suit different clients more ect xx

I'd go for a 44/0 koleston 6%
However if your wanting a tone I'd go for 4/0 base then your desired tone xx

It would have to be resistant white for you to use 44/0 or it'll result in darker and flatter colour.

I assumed it would be white resistant with her saying she used a certain colour to cover the grey hair.
Unless the client isn't white resistant then I'd advice to mix a base with colour to help coverage however I would still recommend going on wella colouring course if you are wanting full knowledge on the products to use on clients xx

I assumed it would be white resistant with her saying she used a certain colour to cover the grey hair.
Unless the client isn't white resistant then I'd advice to mix a base with colour to help coverage however I would still recommend going on wella colouring course if you are wanting full knowledge on the products to use on clients xx

Its always going to be white though if they're referring to it as grey?

Thanks all, so much. All good advice. I would love to go on a course. I will look at the link Lauren, thanks. I am at the end of level 3 and just want to learn more. If anyone has prices or info I would love to hear, but perhaps its on the link. I will look.

xx

I think that just depends on how someone would personally describe clients hair going of percentage of grey/white

I have a client who is white resistant and we use 55/0 6% to get coverage
And a client who is grey but not resistant and we use 5/0 & 5/3 6% which covers perfectly

I think that just depends on how someone would personally describe clients hair going of percentage of grey/white
Good point, I agree. How does someone determine the grey/white hair. I know we use a percentage as a rule, but still, what it means to each person is different.

xx

Grey is what you see this is made up of the white hair (unpigmented) and then the natural hair (pigmented) but the mix of the two creates the grey that we see! Please correct me if I'm wrong there @cams97 X

Grey is what you see this is made up of the white hair (unpigmented) and then the natural hair (pigmented) but the mix of the two creates the grey that we see! Please correct me if I'm wrong there @cams97 X
Please advise, because I am still learning about white/grey hair, xx

Precisely! No such entity as grey hair.

I have a client who is white resistant and we use 55/0 6% to get coverage
And a client who is grey but not resistant and we use 5/0 & 5/3 6% which covers perfectly

In accurate terms you have a client with 100% white.

And you have a client with a % of white and a % of pigmented hair... Not 'grey'.

"Accurate " terms yeah but you fully understood what I was saying ? so was there a need to correct my way of explains somethings when it's fully understandable ?

"Accurate " terms yeah but you fully understood what I was saying ? so was there a need to correct my way of explains somethings when it's fully understandable ?

No I didn't understand what you where saying? To me it sounded as if you were saying there was a difference between grey and white?

Latest posts

Back