Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which stamper are you using? Some stampers need to primed before use.

Also, MoYou plates are very deeply etched and need a bit more polish than say Konad or Bundle Monster.

Which polish are you using?

Sarah xxx

It's the XL double sided stamp & scraper & we tried it will OPI, Jessica & china glaze x

It's the XL double sided stamp & scraper & we tried it will OPI, Jessica & china glaze x

I had to remove the shine from my XL stamper before use, just with a 180 grit buffer using a light touch, then clean with acetone.

Have tried many polishes but found Konad or Mundo de Unãs special stamping polishes to be the best. Normal polishes are a bit hit & miss. Barry M silver & gold are fantastic!

So, yeah, fill the image totally with a good stamping polish and hopefully that will work! :)

Hope that helps!
Sarah xxx

I had to remove the shine from my XL stamper before use, just with a 180 grit buffer using a light touch, then clean with acetone.

Have tried many polishes but found Konad or Mundo de Unãs special stamping polishes to be the best. Normal polishes are a bit hit & miss. Barry M silver & gold are fantastic!

So, yeah, fill the image totally with a good stamping polish and hopefully that will work! :)

Hope that helps!
Sarah xxx

Thank you for the help, I'll get her to give it a try and see if it helps xx

Fab nails ladies . Love them x

Hello Geekies, does anyone have plates from Mundo De Uñas? If so what are the dimensions of their fullest nail design?
|\__/|
|@@|
|@@|
|____|
Thanks
Nails By Mirely

I can't crack doing the reverse pattern on the opposite hand!! I saw it done by stamping then stamping from one stamper to another then to nail (does that make sense?) I can not do it for love nor money....is that how everyone else does it? X

Hi Isabella, I use this method, and when I 1st started there was a lot of trial and error, and some bad language:grr:, But I finally cracked it.
I find for the reverse image, only scrape the polish once. Make sure your stampers are primed ( a light buff with a 180 grit and a wipe with acetone) when picking up the image be quick (but don't rush). And I find using a light rolling pressure on the stamps helps when transferring between the two. hth's x

Hi Isabella, I use this method, and when I 1st started there was a lot of trial and error, and some bad language:grr:, But I finally cracked it.
I find for the reverse image, only scrape the polish once. Make sure your stampers are primed ( a light buff with a 180 grit and a wipe with acetone) when picking up the image be quick (but don't rush). And I find using a light rolling pressure on the stamps helps when transferring between the two. hth's x

Thank you, I guess it's just practice! Although I did think, my 2nd stamper is a cheap one and doesn't pick the image up from the 1st at all, maybe I need to try just ordinary stamping with my cheapie to make sure it's not the stamper and go from there....I just wanted to check I had the right method! Thanks for your help xx

Thank you, I guess it's just practice! Although I did think, my 2nd stamper is a cheap one and doesn't pick the image up from the 1st at all, maybe I need to try just ordinary stamping with my cheapie to make sure it's not the stamper and go from there....I just wanted to check I had the right method! Thanks for your help xx

I know this make sound silly, but if picking up with one stamper and transferring to the other doesn't work then try the other way round. There's no reason for it, but I have one stamper that transfers better to the other :eek:, keep trying, when you finally do it, you'll get a proper hallelujah moment :biggrin:

Just an update on an earlier post of mine! I've finally received my neon stamping polishes from a company in Mexico - most of their colours stamp over black which is amazing! Here's a few swatches. I only bought 5, but have ordered another 10 today!

Neon orange
Neon Pink

View attachment 70723

Neon Green
Neon Yellow

View attachment 70724

Neon Blue (doesn't stamp over black)

View attachment 70725

Excuse the stamping - I was doing it quickly! Also, a little goes a long way! I'll be doing a video with these over the weekend,

Sarah xxx

Fab that they stamp on darker colours. Sorry if I am getting you to repeat yourself, but what is the companies name?

Fab that they stamp on darker colours. Sorry if I am getting you to repeat yourself, but what is the companies name?

No worries! It's mundodeunas.com

xx

I know this make sound silly, but if picking up with one stamper and transferring to the other doesn't work then try the other way round. There's no reason for it, but I have one stamper that transfers better to the other :eek:, keep trying, when you finally do it, you'll get a proper hallelujah moment :biggrin:

Aww thank you, I'll have a little play over the weekend and see if I can crack it! Xx

I did these (my nails) yesterday. Inspired by Beautopianails and Hollystevenss.
They are love hate nails. Love the finished look, HATED doing them. Cream puff is so unforgiving to use on a full nail. I used all the tips I know, but the coverage is still not great. And I had to apply two layers of neon shadow. They took me so long, due to so much faffing about. They look fab, but painful to do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
I did these (my nails) yesterday. Inspired by Beautopianails.
They are love hate nails. Love the finished look, HATED doing them. Cream puff is so unforgiving to use on a full nail. I used all the tips I know, but the coverage is still not great. And I had to apply two layers of neon shadow. They took me so long, due to so much faffing about. They look fab, but painful to do.

They're lovely how did you achieve that look? x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I did these (my nails) yesterday. Inspired by Beautopianails.

they look fab, I was also wondering how you did it, please x

This thread is fab! I'm loving all of the designs! Here are a few I have done, the clients love the stamps!ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406619848.540711.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406619875.829770.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406619927.299259.jpg

Here's a couple more :) xxxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406629011.921549.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406629025.794093.jpg

Just an update on an earlier post of mine! I've finally received my neon stamping polishes from a company in Mexico - most of their colours stamp over black which is amazing! Here's a few swatches. I only bought 5, but have ordered another 10 today!

Neon orange
Neon Pink

View attachment 70723

Neon Green
Neon Yellow

View attachment 70724

Neon Blue (doesn't stamp over black)

View attachment 70725

Excuse the stamping - I was doing it quickly! Also, a little goes a long way! I'll be doing a video with these over the weekend,

Sarah xxx

I have recently tried this company. It has rocked my world!!! It has lowered my frustration level!! I love stamping now!! All the color options and perfect coverage!!!!

Had a lot of fun doing these.. X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406647164.015978.jpg

Felicity xx

They're lovely how did you achieve that look? x

This is also for Sharny, who also asked how I did this. Thank you both.
I will summarise.

Thumb/ring finger:
2 x CND Cream Puff, cure after each coat.
Apply Irresistible Neon Shadows in vertical lines (blending to achieve fade effect) in Snake Bite, Day Glo and Graffiti, then a coat of Silver VIP Status, cure.
Repeat neon Shadow stage for more depth of colour, VIP, cure.
CND Top coat, cure. Wipe off inhibition layer.
Stamp pattern, MoYou Tourist plate no. 17, using Konad white.
CND Top coat, cure. Wipe off tacky layer.

Pinky, index and middle fingers:
2 x CND CP, cure after each layer, 1 x Silver VIP, cure.
Top coat, cure, wipe off inhibition layer.
Stamp pattern, MoYou Tourist plate 17, using Konad Psyche polishes.
CND Top coat, cure. Wipe off tacky layer.

I know there are quite a few layers, that will extend soak off, but the end effect is worth it, and the pic doesn't show how neon they are. I have been asked if they are stick on nails or decals.

MoYou have released new Tropical plates that would work brilliantly on these.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back