Konad black always smudges!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Pretty much as it says However much I let the black design completely dry, when I come to top coat, it always ends up with a couple smudging. I have tried to put thin, quick layer but still end up doing the whole design again about 5 times before I usually give up! I need to master this! Does anyone else find this? all the other colours are fine!

I have this problem too - you have to sort of float the top coat over your design so that the bristles don't make contact with it.

Do you use konad's topcoat? I haven't tried it but wondered if its any different.

No I use Lumos, maybe I will get some Konad top coat and try, I would not have thought it would make that much difference. I have seen some beautiful lace designs with black that I do with white for wedding nails but with black looks so unprofessional. I may try and dig out the black design in the pic I saw on here and message the person and ask how she acheives it .. I will post on here if I get anywhere and see how this thread goes also! :0)

Don't bother with the konad topcoat, it still does the same thing and smudges. The only way I've found to do it is using a regular polish to stamp in black instead.
I had an old opi black polish that had gone thick and that worked well and didn't smudge at all. Hth xx

I'm planning on getting a konad starter kit, has anyone found the same with a shellac/gelish etc top coats? Sorry to hijack xx

Latest posts

Back