Konad nail stamp colours are dull

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahnailz

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I bought a konad nail art set because I am rubbish at free hand painting. I find it really good when it works!!!!! I found a good trick though to make sure the art comes off the plate and onto the stamper. Gently buff thye shine off the stamper using a buffer, wipe over acetone free polish remover with a cotton tip just before you use the stamp and it comes out. I do have one problem though, the colours don't come out as vibrant as I thought it would. The cerise pink and green make lovely roses, but the gold and silver are actually quite dull. Can anyone suggest a way to make the special designs show up vibrantly? its bugging me big time lol

With the gold & silver I find it more effective if you 'double' stamp it over another colour. Try using black first, then doing the same design over the top in gold or silver and you'll see what I mean. Obviously you won't get an exact match but I think it looks very effective.

The gold and silver just don't have much colour pigment in them; they seem to show only on a dark base. I've used them over black polished nails but have never thought about double stamping the same image. I think femmefan's idea is absolutely ingenious, I'll give it a go as soon as I can!

i wonder if it would work for pastel purple as it doesn't show up on pale colours but my other blue, yellow, green, pink, orange pastel stamping polishes don't have that problem i have the gold one as well and have only bin using it on dark colours. so ill definitely give the double stamping a try for it on light colours

Latest posts

Back