Konad with Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooey

Reaction score
I tried konad for the first time tonight on myself. After applying the brisa base and colour I gave myself two little bows on my middle fingers, applied brisa gloss then when I went to remove the inhibition layer it took off some of the design through the finishing gloss?! Crazy. I know a lot of geeks use konad so is there something I'm doing wrong or is it just not compatible with brisa?

I would have sandwiched the design between two layers of clear.

Thanks.. Tried that.. Same thing happened! Maybe I need to wait longer before applying gloss..

I haven't tried it but did you just float the gloss over the top of the konad design rather than 'pulling' it through?

I don't personally use any of the Brisa colours, I use Shellac on top if I want a colour and then use the Shellac top coat instead of the Brisa gloss. This works fine with the konad stamps.

yes i had the same problem i did a french tip in one of the deigns and most of it came off after curing the top coat when removing the sticky residue

The problem could be that Brisa top coat doesn't like any shine at all and the enhancement surface needs to be finished with a 180 grit buffer. Any surface shine leads to pooling/shrinking of the gloss. It could be the art paints used for the design are shiney.

I personally wouldnt use Brisa top coat for art work. I would use a shellac top coat instead has shellac adhears better to a shiney surface. HTH x

Latest posts

Back