Kooky Wraps and Cracked polish with Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitter tips

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
Just a couple of questions -

Has anyone used Kooky wraps? Just wondered what they were like etc?

Also do you know if you can use the new OPI cracked black polish with Gelish? A girl I know has told me that you can do this but I wasnt sure?

Thanks
xx

Hi, Yes I use Barry M Cracked glaze on shellac and gelish, but I have to use a coat of normal matt top coat, let it dry then put 1 x coat Barry M glaze then 2 coats of gelish or shellac top coat, Job done. It looks and lasts as long. see my facebook page. www,facebook.com/nailsand beautybyisabella

Barry M, I love it!
As for the Kooky wraps, never used them, have used Trendy Nail wraps, IMO they are ok but you can't beat Minx. These Kooky wraps are more expencive than Minx for some reason, would like to hear from anyone that has used them what they are like
xx

Hi every one being kinda shy i normally just read posts on here but I have just tried the kooky wraps and they seem ok they are alot thinner than trendy nail wraps and seem better quality But I love using minx, and am just waiting to see if the kooky stay on as long as minx. when I use minx my clients get over 6 weeks and some come back with what looks like minx tips on their toes in comparison the trendy wraps only last a couple of weeks 4 at most and only on a coulple of people but then there are ones that get a few days then there peeling off I have to be honest I stopped using trendy wraps because of this I would rather have great feedback and recommendations from using minx than hear they only lasted a couple of days I find this disappointing and feel I owe massive appologies for ever using the product or performing the treatment sorry if this drones on not used to doing these posts :green:

Barry M, I love it!
As for the Kooky wraps, never used them, These Kooky wraps are more expencive than Minx for some reason.
xx

Actually, I have an email from The Beauty Partnership and they are cheaper at the moment.

They look more like Blixz and Minx to me than TNW, I wouldn't mind giving them a try.

Although I offer wraps, I am still not convinced that the bottom will not fall out of this market for salons when/if the Sally Hansen wraps hit the UK market.

Barry M, I love it!
As for the Kooky wraps, never used them, have used Trendy Nail wraps, IMO they are ok but you can't beat Minx. These Kooky wraps are more expencive than Minx for some reason, would like to hear from anyone that has used them what they are like
xx

We just took the kooky wraps in at the end of last month, previously using trendy nail wraps. So far I am much preferring the kooky wraps as they are so much thinner and more flexible! They are also cheaper than trendy wraps and fab classy designs. Check them out on facebook x

I wonder if the kooky wraps are from Layla who was Kookynails on here, does anyone know? not seen here on here for ages

How do you apply the Kooky Wraps, do they need a special lamp like the Minx do?

Kooky in my experience are as thin as Minx and last as long but do cost more than Minx (when bought from S2 or Ellisons) if you do the maths.

Price per sheet (including VAT & Del) divided by the amount of wraps (16 for Kooky and 20 for Minx) equals price per wrap.

That is where the real prices are - and Kooky wraps costs more than Minx when you work it out.

I've used Kooky wraps as there are a few designs I really liked that are only available from them and I wanted them for myself lol - ended up not wearing them though as then I'd be advertising stuff I dont stock. They are there for clients to use but I won't be replacing them so when they are gone thats it.

Kooky can be applied with a Lamp (thats how I have used them) or they say you can use a hairdryer.

I use Kooky wraps and love them, they are very thin and flexible and stay on toes for over 6 weeks (mine's stay on until I remove them). I chose them as I really liked there designs, I have never tried Minx, but have tried TNW, these were far too thick, so not very flexible. Hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back