L’Oreal advert avoids the chop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hat

Reaction score
The Advertising Standards Authority has rejected complaints made against L’Oreal adverts, which featured Cheryl Cole.

In a televised promotion for L’Oreal Elvive Full Restore the singer stated that the product left her hair “stronger, full of life, replenished, with a healthy shine”. However forty viewers lodged complaints against the campaign, which also included two posters and a magazine advert, believing it exaggerated results and misled people due to the fact that Cole’s hair was “styled with some natural hair extensions”.

The ASA judgement agreed with L’Oreal, insisting that consumers would understand the message of the ads and it did not promise hair exactly like Cole’s. It added that large scale consumer testing conducted by L’Oreal demonstrated positive results could be attained for those not wearing hair extensions too.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    2.4 KB · Views: 99
But was it the shampoo or the Extensions that left her hair feeling that way? ;)

maybe it was just the paycheck :D

I am going to start a campaign about these adverts.

I'm sorry but Cheryl Cole does not use Elvive on a day to day basis. I wouldn't use it on my freaking carpet let alone if I was a star worth millions of pounds.

Its like Davina McCall and Eva Longoria aren't slobbing about in their PJs watching reruns of Friends and then think "Ooh, I'll just pop a Garnier Nutrisse on my hair and call my mum to tell her how fabulous it worked and all the money I saved on going to the salon to get it done!"

RAGE!!! This is why these adverts should be banned. But its all down to the money. When I am a famous hairdresser ;) I will accept no amount of money to advertise this rank stuff.

End of rant, thank you for listening.

They say people are not misleaded by these adverts, Well I am! I am still waiting to look like cheryl cole lol.

It's the same as the mascara the adverts all have lash inserts.

Would argue that there is a battle with over the Garnier and Protect and Perfect creams..............its hard to make people understand that the products are rubbish! Clients believe everything they see on these adverts but not what the true experts say!:(

Argh!!!! adverts. Loreal seem to get done all the time, remember the mascara which gave longer lashes????? they were lash extentions.
If my hair looked that good I wouldn't need to go the hairdresser and spend loads a money............boo boo boo

Sorry went off on one there:o

I was there when her extentionist bought her hair!!
Bet the poor bald little russian girls it came from don't use elvive!!!!

Sorry but I think the ad is a con, and I bet her hairdresser ain't too happy about it.

I'm sure they don't sell elvive in the urban retreat

I would be horrified if I put 2 grand of ext in, and they went and used elvive on it

I would be horrified if I put 2 grand of ext in, and they went and used elvive on it

This.

To me its like watching a commercial of someone saying how great of a career it is working at McDonalds full time while getting into a brand new Ferrari and driving off.

Its like... eh? Wtf?

This.

To me its like watching a commercial of someone saying how great of a career it is working at McDonalds full time while getting into a brand new Ferrari and driving off.

Its like... eh? Wtf?

What's wrong wtih working at Mc D's ? I drive my Ferrari while wearing my hat!!;)

Latest posts

Back