L & P Extensions- please help, Im getting worse!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I did a CND conversion course back in Aug, I dont get to do extensions that much but honest to god Im just getting worse.

In August they would take me 1 Hr 40 but this morning it took me about 2.5 hours and I still wasnt happy with them!! I had so much trouble trying to blend the tips, Im using velocity. At the conversion course they blended really easily but today it must have taken me a good 40 mins to blend them, although my L & P application seemed quite good today. I wondered if I needed to change my file but it hasnt had that much use.
Any advice greatly appreciated folks as Im going mad. Ive got a one to one booked for next week but would like to see what you think.
What files at what stages do you peeps use when doing L & P

thanks guys

H x

sorry to hear you're having troubles.

without seeing what you're doing, it's a little tricky to help. but these are the directions straight from CND

- choose a tip the perfect size or a little larger than the fingernail and tailor it with a 180 grit file
- apply tips without bubbles
- cut the tip using tip cutter
- blend the tip to the natural nail with a 240 grit file

the only thing i can advise is to always let the file do the work. don't grind it. you'll tire yourself out. practice file control. slow but steady. everything comes with practice!

hth

Latest posts

Back