L&P French on Toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loobster

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been doing my nails for 1 yr now! I dont work in a shop or do mobile properly, i just do them as and when in between my normal, boring, soon to be rid of for nails- job! So i dont get to practice every day, sometimes not even once a week so im looking for some feedback on the quality of my work. Im looking to start up my own business after the new year and I think i'll need to be pretty good to get going anywhere! so here you go, some acrylic toes done, how are they?

They look lovely, maybe big toe looks a little thick but using L&P on toes can be tricky sometimes, sidewalls on big toes look a bit fan, but maybe this is nail itself?

Have you tried using shellac on toes or something similar? I find I only use L&P on toes if they need a reconstruction or chiped nail or discoloured etc.

Well done on posting, they really are lovely. xxx

Thanks for replying so fast. The shape of her nails i just followed, i didnt file any edges in, should i do that more for a nicer shape do you think?

I really really want to try the Shellac, i use NSI products at the minute so im not trained with CND so im unsure whether im allowed to just buy it, especially with me just doing nails as more of a hobby at the minute than a trade. Ive looked at equivilents with other brands but its the Shellac that everyones raving about and i want to play! :lol:

Ofcourse you can, aslong as you have proof of training you can buy, but will need lamp aswell. I would generally bring sidewalls in so they parellel as possible, but hard to do if nail is fan shaped, just keep them thin on toes.

If you can sculpt your whites as like these im sure you will have no probs being a sucsessful nail tech. Dont put yourself down, believe me I have seen some awful toes, these I would be happy to pay for. well done :hug:

Thankyou i appreciate your comments! I will definately look into Shellac, especially once i get properly into planning my business. Im just going to have to practice a bit more to make sure i can cope with it going from once a week or so to a few times a day!

Thanks again!

Ive been doing nails since May and like you I dont get out much lol although have just landed myself a fantastic job last week...anyways I have done toes and my first set were hideous...have a look in my photos.
Geeg mentioned toes look alot better painted and I have to agree...Shellac would be brill as it stays for so long and is so shiney and perfect.

Now I dont overlay on toes as there really are so many other quicker options.

Did you sculpt the whites or use tips?They look so uniform and perfect!

Ive been doing nails since May and like you I dont get out much lol although have just landed myself a fantastic job last week...anyways I have done toes and my first set were hideous...have a look in my photos.
Geeg mentioned toes look alot better painted and I have to agree...Shellac would be brill as it stays for so long and is so shiney and perfect.

Now I dont overlay on toes as there really are so many other quicker options.

Did you sculpt the whites or use tips?They look so uniform and perfect!

I do agree i love a lovely painted set of tootsies. It was nice to practice my overlaying on the toes though but yeah as you say its a lot of work that can be acheived easier with Shellac etc but i wanted to have a little play. I sculpted my whites here, I just filed and shaped her natural nails and overlayed over the top, thanks for your comments! good luck in your new job :)

I do agree i love a lovely painted set of tootsies. It was nice to practice my overlaying on the toes though but yeah as you say its a lot of work that can be acheived easier with Shellac etc but i wanted to have a little play. I sculpted my whites here, I just filed and shaped her natural nails and overlayed over the top, thanks for your comments! good luck in your new job :)

Thanks chick...your sculpting is great btw :p

Latest posts

Back