L&P LOOKING CLOUDY

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie.castle3

Reaction score
after applying my bead in zone 2 with perfect pink how long should i wait for the bead to look shiney, i know geek says count to 3 before pressing out the bead . i usually have to count to 5, but sometimes after the nail has dried & i have completed my buffing the nails do not look as clear as i would like. i find that after say 2 weeks the nails have slight cloudy areas on them.when i star to file for rebalance or in fill the cloudy area crumbles away. can anyone help?

I'm not sure but this sounds like lifting to me - or air bubbles. From what I have seen from other techs work, lifting doesn't have to just happen at the edges, and this would explain why it just falls away when filing for a rebalance, so maybe prep is an issue.

Also I have just realised that I have seen this occasionaly in nails that I have done and I think it is down to the bead being too dry - sometimes when I have put a bead down, not all the powder has settled in. I was taught to try and work the powder into the bead to get it to dissolve, but when too much of the powder is on the underside of the bead it sort of gets 'caught' between the nail plate and the top of the bead and there is not enough liquid to incorporate it. The thing here is ratio.

Like I said I'm not really sure, just sharing! :confused:

Are you wiping your brush well after you have put the white zone 1 bead on the nail? If you are not then you will be putting White powder in the liquid making the liquid cloudy so therefore this makes the pink look cloudy once on the nails! I hope you understand what I mean.

I was picked up on this one on my course since then I have had no probs at all.

Caz xxx

julie.castle3 said:
after applying my bead in zone 2 with perfect pink how long should i wait for the bead to look shiney, i know geek says count to 3 before pressing out the bead . i usually have to count to 5, but sometimes after the nail has dried & i have completed my buffing the nails do not look as clear as i would like. i find that after say 2 weeks the nails have slight cloudy areas on them.when i star to file for rebalance or in fill the cloudy area crumbles away. can anyone help?

bunnymad said:
I'm not sure but this sounds like lifting to me - or air bubbles. From what I have seen from other techs work, lifting doesn't have to just happen at the edges, and this would explain why it just falls away when filing for a rebalance, so maybe prep is an issue.

Also I have just realised that I have seen this occasionaly in nails that I have done and I think it is down to the bead being too dry - sometimes when I have put a bead down, not all the powder has settled in. I was taught to try and work the powder into the bead to get it to dissolve, but when too much of the powder is on the underside of the bead it sort of gets 'caught' between the nail plate and the top of the bead and there is not enough liquid to incorporate it. The thing here is ratio.

Like I said I'm not really sure, just sharing! :confused:

thanks, i think sometimes my ratio is too wet, i also think that i get some bubbles, i just wondered whether anyone else has had this.

caz3 said:
Are you wiping your brush well after you have put the white zone 1 bead on the nail? If you are not then you will be putting White powder in the liquid making the liquid cloudy so therefore this makes the pink look cloudy once on the nails! I hope you understand what I mean.

I was picked up on this one on my course since then I have had no probs at all.

Caz xxx

i do try to wipe my brush after appying my white, i was more concerned with the area that crumbled after filling, thanks anyway

julie.castle3 said:
i do try to wipe my brush after appying my white, i was more concerned with the area that crumbled after filling, thanks anyway

i used to have that problem. it was because my zone 3 was too thin. as for the cloudyness, maybe because your not wiping your brush properly after doing your whites your liquid and brush are contaminated. i use new monomer for each hand.

You need to go back to working on your beads, it sounds like they are much too wet!
If you work wet then you`re going to get white left in your brush which will make the pinks cloudy, and in zone three when you come to doing the filing and its crumbling away thats because the liquid has evaporated and you`re only left with the powder.
Get your mix ratio right and the problems will be solved.
Maybe get back to your trainer and ask for help, good luck

Latest posts

Back