L&P odour problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abi326

Reaction score
Hi I want to start practicing l&p but the place where I rent is too small and my work colleague who are lovely can't take the fumes.
If I don't master l&p I won't gain my grand master statues in Cnd which I am working so hard to get.
Any advice would be helpful
Thinking of doing mobile in the evening to get the practice in but again most of my clients have young families and scared of the smell
There must be solution I have fought this hard and am not going to give up I want to be the best as I love nails

This is what I've been struggling with for a while.

The salon I'm in won't allow me to do acrylics due to the fumes...and even though I've followed Gigi's tips on working smartly with monomer, there is still a smell in the salon at the time.

So basically I've just decided to do gels (Brisa, Brisa Lite) only for the time being...it's not ideal and doesn't suit all clients, at least I can still offer an enhancement service. But in doing so, I've fallen out of practice with L&P and would really want to do more as I'm losing a lot of potential clients by not doing so.

And like you, I'd also like to progress with my CND training, but I feel stuck.

I've been struggling with the fumes and it was getting out of hand with stinking the whole place out!
On the nsi website (and can buy in some wholesalers) I bought myself the One Touch Pump which I decanted my monimer in and ive noticed a huge reduce in smell with no complains. It cost me £10.50 but sooo worth it, it only allows a small amount of the liquid to be out at 1 time, so not as much evaporation into the air. Its fab :) hth

Please please Cnd fairy make up a order free l&p so I can master it and have world class nails

OPI do an odour free monomer i know its not cnd but it gets you the practice

hi i have only heard about it from some of the girls that use it in places like David Lloyd and some other high end spas as clients do not want the smell they say it is a very low low odour but i think they say odour free do work a bit a different and feels different when buffing but if it gives you a chance to pick up your skills into a working day brush application etc then i would look at an odour free system or get a carbon fume extractor

Solder Fume Extractor | Maplin

NSI SPA
"Dramatically reduces the smell of acrylic liquid from the salon..."
- Nancy, The Beauty Salon, UK

OPI awell

there are quiet a few other companies

OPI Clarite Odor & Track-Free Sculpt - Technique - NAILS Magazine

OPI Professional - Clarite - Structure Tips & Overlay - Distributed by Nazih Group - YouTube

Hi, This may sound like an add but it is not. This question keeps coming up.There are strict rules and guidelines in health and safety document SR13, see this link.COSHH essentials for service and retail SR13 - HSE
The extractor that sits on the desk is better than nothing but doesn't meet the regulations. It has to be overhead or "down draft" (in the desk).

The use of proper extraction is essential for any therapist's short term and long term health. The document states quite clearly that "mask's are not enough". We distribute an overhead extractor that meets all the guidelines and more and is widely used in the USA and across Europe. It can also be used with a LED light so may have two functions. In the USA it is also used in hairdressing salons, clamped to the back of the chair, Brazillian Blow Dry treatments are more popular there and they use formaldehyde in the treatment. The Sunflower II has a carbon filter which absorbs these toxic smells and odours. You can google Sunflower II or check out our website for more information but in any event you should use proper extraction.
We also sell nose filters and again not enough to meet the regulations but they work for dust and are better than using nothing
Ambermist

Nsi spa liquid is definately much better smelling however iv found it works totally differently from any other monomer iv used(which granted hasn't been many as I'm only new) Much more oily and takes longer to set and not totally odour free x

The odor also stops me from practicing acrylics and for the few i had done i found i got along easier than gel lol gel is so sticky!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back