L&P paint on white tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nails2nails

Reaction score
Iv'e had quite a few new clients over Xmas and they have L&P but have the tips painted on white. Now some I have rebalanced with white powder but I have a couple next week who want the tips painted white..
Do you think this is cheating or just a simplier way of doing things..as in if the want a different coloured tip?
Also I take it ... it's just a nno with a white polish or a gel white?
:hug:

i dont really like paint on white doesnt last very well. its normaly the cheap chinesse nail bars that use spray on white well were i live anyway but u could just do a normal rebalace then use a while gel to do the french but try talk them into white powder :) x

I done a NNO on myself yesterday and then decided I wanted French , so applied Brisa paint in White and it looks beautiful :)

I've noticed a lot of salons where i live use a natural clear tip either covering the whole nail or a tip and then paint on the white with gel or polish then cover with gel......
I use white tips and cover with gel or acrylic.
Which is better?
x

I've noticed a lot of salons where i live use a natural clear tip either covering the whole nail or a tip and then paint on the white with gel or polish then cover with gel......
I use white tips and cover with gel or acrylic.
Which is better?
x

what do you do when the need a rebalance?

i have no problem with paint on French (Love Brisa Paint on, especially now they make soft white) It just depends on how good your are at polishing or smile lines. I think you need to become proficient in all applications. It make business sense to be able to offer your clients the choice. Forever French for the most professional look and paint on for those who like a frequent change of colour :)

Do you think this is cheating or just a simplier way of doing things..
Cheating? No

Another way of getting the same/similar result? Yes :D

Providing you're using professional products and getting a finished nail that not only looks great but has longevity between rebalances then where's the harm? It would be easier for you to be able to apply your white L+P rather than finish filing then applying your French paint-on-white, more time and no difference in price, so effectively you're losing money.

I agree with the time and money... If you can use l and p for whites it's going to be so much less time consuming, and no danger of chipping x

what do you do when the need a rebalance?

i have no problem with paint on French (Love Brisa Paint on, especially now they make soft white) It just depends on how good your are at polishing or smile lines. I think you need to become proficient in all applications. It make business sense to be able to offer your clients the choice. Forever French for the most professional look and paint on for those who like a frequent change of colour :)

Rebalance.... do you mean infill?
I was just taught to file down the product to a thin layer and do my overlay. 3 infills and then soak off and apply new tips.
I was only taught to do french painting as a manicure on the natural nail if long enough not as an enhancement but am noticing a lot of people on here don't use white tips they paint them on?!
Is there a reason for this?

I was just taught to file down the product to a thin layer and do my overlay. 3 infills and then soak off and apply new tips.
I was only taught to do french painting as a manicure on the natural nail if long enough not as an enhancement but am noticing a lot of people on here don't use white tips they paint them on?!

No, I mean a French Rebalance. Why would you want to soak off the nails if there is nothing wrong with them? Very few professional use white tips as you need to rebalance the smile line with product anyway

Again I said earlier there is nothing wrong with painting on a French line or even using white tips if the clients nailbed is long enough but what do you do if you have a client with really short nailbeds and they want French? Have a look at the tutorials sections you need to learn to create a smile line with product!

Sorry i've never seen anyone on here mention painting on their whites for rebalance.

So do you paint with ordinary polish,, omg I'm shocked that people do this

Latest posts

Back