L & P PINK LOOKING PATCHY

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails at Home

Reaction score
Hiya everyone - yet another problem in my long line of problems with L&P - still can't seem to get it right :cry: At the Excel exhibition I bought some flawless pink powder to use with my whites and decided to try it out on myself last night instead of the normal pink. Well, soooo glad I didn't try it on a client first cos it ended up looking patchy so I had to take it right off and because I keep having so many problems with my acrylics as it is I ended up with my good old faithful gel back on my nails again!

Can anyone tell me what went wrong with the pink?

A tired and frustrated user of L&P!!! If anyone who is a pro at Creative L&P could spare any time in the London area I'd be ever so grateful and would be willing to pay them - it's just that I work full time and have hardly any holiday entitlement left for the rest of the year to take time off doing yet another course at Creative. Not to mention the costs being very high :sad: as I feel I need a bit of 1-2-1 teaching.

Thanks
Love Michelle x

check out the threads on the subject of flawless pink! I still haven't got to grips with it and tend to mix it with a perfect pink...i am sure the secret of getting it right is the exact same ratio for each bead as it has a high pigment content...do a search for flawless pink as geek has helped out on this loads of times...

All of the previous posts regarding flawless pink really helped me!!
when i first used it i did a set of sculpts on my sister in law......they looked horrendous! Needless to say they were soaked right off!
But after reading all the posts regarding it i now have 3 regular clients who love it!
I seem to have got my beads the right connsistency now so i apply in zone 2 and really taper it out towards zone 3 . Then with the zone 3 bead i apply it over the tapered part of zone 2.......it works a treat and looks fab!

Nails at Home said:
Hiya everyone - yet another problem in my long line of problems with L&P - still can't seem to get it right :cry: At the Excel exhibition I bought some flawless pink powder to use with my whites and decided to try it out on myself last night instead of the normal pink. Well, soooo glad I didn't try it on a client first cos it ended up looking patchy so I had to take it right off and because I keep having so many problems with my acrylics as it is I ended up with my good old faithful gel back on my nails again!

Can anyone tell me what went wrong with the pink?
:D Nothing went wrong with the pink love, only the way you applied it :D

Flawless has to be overlapped like the shingles on a house roof (if you know what I mean).

Place your bead of FP and then taper out the bead (do not leave an edge) by pushing back toward z3 and thinning it out.

Then place the next bead on top of the tapered bit and press out and smooth over. NO lines just perfect coverage.

Flawless pink covers completely and needs to be used differently to get that perfect coverage. Not to be used all of the time, but only on those with short nail beds or flaws on/in the nails.

geeg said:
Place your bead of FP and then taper out the bead (do not leave an edge) by pushing back toward z3 and thinning it out.

Hi

I do the above for a short nail bed and then i use ordinary pink for zone 3. It works well for me, i just make sure i kind of feather and blend zone 2 in well first. I personally dont like the heavy pink look of it used in 2 and 3 together so thats why i do it that way.

Little Angel said:
Hi

I do the above for a short nail bed and then i use ordinary pink for zone 3. It works well for me, i just make sure i kind of feather and blend zone 2 in well first. I personally dont like the heavy pink look of it used in 2 and 3 together so thats why i do it that way.
Yes this can work well too but you do get a gradual change of colour which some may not like.

Flawless pink is to 'peachy' in color tone for my skin so I customize it by mixing in 1/20 to one, parts of cobalt blue with the FP. This tiny touch of blue, makes the perfect tone of pink for my skin.

I have a not nice thumbnail due to practically removing the end of my thumb in a machine many years ago. I use Flawless on this thumb and it really looks normal now to others.

geeg said:
Yes this can work well too but you do get a gradual change of colour which some may not like.

Flawless pink is to 'peachy' in color tone for my skin so I customize it by mixing in 1/20 to one, parts of cobalt blue with the FP. This tiny touch of blue, makes the perfect tone of pink for my skin.

I have a not nice thumbnail due to practically removing the end of my thumb in a machine many years ago. I use Flawless on this thumb and it really looks normal now to others.

Hi gigi

What an excellant idea! I never thought of customizing FP will be pinching that one off you! ;)

Thanks everyone for your input - I'm gonna look at the other threads for help - what would I do without you all??

x

Latest posts

Back