L & P Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBR

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm off on Sunday to start my Foundation Course with Creative in Glasgow (can't wait) :biggrin: but can anyone answer me this.

What is the best way to remove L & P?

I've always found it takes about 45 minutues. The method I use is a small piece of a nail wipe dipped in acetone, put this on the nail then wrap in foil. I also place each hand into a heated mitt.

I did however wonder if anyone has found that certain makes of Acetone are better at removing than others as I have a cheap brand from Sally's at the moment.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

The Little Beauty Room said:
Hi,

I'm off on Sunday to start my Foundation Course with Creative in Glasgow (can't wait) :biggrin: but can anyone answer me this.

What is the best way to remove L & P?

I've always found it takes about 45 minutues. The method I use is a small piece of a nail wipe dipped in acetone, put this on the nail then wrap in foil. I also place each hand into a heated mitt.

I did however wonder if anyone has found that certain makes of Acetone are better at removing than others as I have a cheap brand from Sally's at the moment.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi there, I use the same method but I use cotton wool as I find it hold more acetone/product remover... I too wrap in foild but before hand I thin the enahancement out with a 180 grit file..

I then after 20 minutes remover and use a birchwood and a 240 grit file to remover the soft residue..personally I use Star Nails Product Remover at the moment and I dont use a heated mit, so I dont know why your removal takes so much longer?

Hi Yvonne! I too use the chicken drumstick method! I use cotton wool though as it holds the acetone in for longer than a nail wipe, takes about 20 mins for me this way, I tend to use Designer Nails tip remover mostly but I have used various acetones in the past the most recent being Pure Nails and they all work the same for me! J xx

Fab Freak said:
Hi there, I use the same method but I use cotton wool as I find it hold more acetone/product remover... I too wrap in foild but before hand I thin the enahancement out with a 180 grit file..

I then after 20 minutes remover and use a birchwood and a 240 grit file to remover the soft residue..personally I use Star Nails Product Remover at the moment and I dont use a heated mit, so I dont know why your removal takes so much longer?

Blimey Lou that was funny we both wrote almost the same thing!! Spoooky! J xx

I do file the enhancement too with a 180 grit file - I then usually have a look at them after 20 minutes but it never comes right off and then I put the foil back on and wait again.

Maybe the cotton wool makes the difference?

I think it possibly does Yvonne, also I guess it depends on how thick the overlay is, I know sometimes when I've been a bit heavy handed with the old brush it can take a bit longer than normal to soak off. J xx

I've found filing first makes it easier by about 10 minutes, I've tried cotton wool and wipes and went back to the wipes as I found the cotton wool soaked up too much of the acetone. I also wrap in tin foil, shiny side in.

Hi all i to file first to make it porous then use make-up remover pads split in half with acetone from sallys wrap in tin foil shiney side leave for approx 20mins i then use orange stick to remove product but if they r too thick have to rewrap n leave bit longer

Latest posts

Back