L&P toenail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickie@Nailmania-Limited

Goldie Hawn Geek
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been passed a client who needs a damaged toe nail rebuilding to enable it to grow out. Whilst I know I can do it, I haven't actually rebuilt a toe nail in. L&P. What techniques do you use to get the best results?

Nickie xx

Hi everyone. I have been passed a client who needs a damaged toe nail rebuilding to enable it to grow out. Whilst I know I can do it, I haven't actually rebuilt a toe nail in. L&P. What techniques do you use to get the best results?

Nickie xx
hi
i have done one, i just used a sculpting form to build it,the lady i did just had a tiny bit of toe nail and i managed to sculp it and it lasted weeks! xx

I haven't met the lady yet so not sure what the nail is like or how damaged it is x

Hi.

I have 2 regular clients that need toe nails rebuild every 6 weeks, their natural toe nail don,t grow more than half of the nail leaving plenty of skin visible. I sculpt to rebuild the toe nail, (yes i touch skin with L&P) I know for some here it wouldn,t be ideal to do it this way and probably many nail tech will prefer to tip the toe nail and L&P it. Not me, the preparation is the same as acrylic in hands (push cuticles back, remove death skin, remove nail shine with hand file, remove dust, prime, etc) then I do like an overlay with L&P over the toe nail, extending the "new nail" with pure L&P until what it would be the free edge.

It does last a few weeks, and sometimes they only come for an infill.

L&P isn't designed to live in a shoe so even though it is possible to rebuild it isn't ideal. The damage that can happen to an already damaged toenail is awful if the client was to stub or injure their toe with acrylic on. There are products made just for this. It is a special gel just for toes, contains colloidal silver which is anti fungal and it can produce some amazing prosthetic toe nails all the while keeping the client safe from any further damage. It also stays very safely ON the skin, so no nail necessary at all to reconstruct :)
As nail techs we should always strive to give the clients our best and to keep them safe. It really is worth investing into training and obtaining proper product for each service we want to offer.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back