L&P Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydollmama

Reaction score
I'm only trained in gel at the moment but have just had a play on my nail trainer with an l&p sample kit and think this is something I would definitely like to train in.

My question is, do most courses teach you how to do p&w? I'm only asking because I've heard the EN course doesn't and a friend of mine who did a local college course wasn't trained either, only the application of l&p over white tips.

I would definitely like some classroom training this time round (as only done en course so far) but just wanted to check this out.

Many thanks

If you are trained in Gel and hold a recognised certificate for that, unfortunately EN is NOT classed as recognised, you could just do an L&P convertion course with one of the big names in nail products like CND, Ezflow, OPI etc. With CND you book a course through the Creative academy 0113 275 0433 who then supply you with a kit which is the same cost as the course is, so really the training is actually free, dont know about the others though. You will be shown P&W on the conversion course as I was....I had never done it before and they showed me how and then I booked another skills class to help me perfect how to do this better. However due to you having only EN training, CND would actually require you to do their full foundation course which again includes the kit.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I was expecting to do a full foundation course, I just wondered about the p&w issue. I would've expected most of the bigger named courses to include this is their training but wanted to check. I have to say it does seem strange that it wouldn't be included in any course seeing as it has to be the most popular thing requested by clients???

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I was expecting to do a full foundation course, I just wondered about the p&w issue. I would've expected most of the bigger named courses to include this is their training but wanted to check. I have to say it does seem strange that it wouldn't be included in any course seeing as it has to be the most popular thing requested by clients???
As far as I know it is only EN that dont teach P&W on their basic course, you have to do another course with EN which is either the sculpting or art course to learn it, which actually makes the EN course dearer than most of the other nail companies foundation courses. CND have won many awards for their training so that is one of the reasons that I decided to convert to them and I have been really pleased with the training I have had. I think it is because of how thorough and informative this has been, that I have managed to go from converting, to being up to standard to take my Masters exams in ALL their systems within 14 months.

wow, that does say alot. I already have their brochure with info on their courses, I really want to be sure I make the right decision this time round!

Thanks

CND will teach you exactly what you want to learn with L&P doing the pink and whites, you will get a full kit that has everything you will need to train and practise with and if after the course you are having any problems you can ring them or email them and one of the educators will get back to you and give any advise and tips that may be needed and best of all you will have fun on the course, good luck if you go with CND i think they are great and well worth every penny :hug:

Thanks Louise, I don't doubt for a minute that the training is spot on, the fact that it's gonna be hard work is really encouraging me to go for it because I feel like that's what I need as my confidence has been knocked a bit and really need that face to face feedback. x

Have just phoned about doing CND conversion course but am waiting for them to phone me back. Does anyone have a rough idea of what the cost is?

Latest posts

Back