LA Weave

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extensionista

Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of these recently and just wanted to know how other people find it. How long does full head application take you? How long does it last clients? How much hair do you usually put in for a whole head?

Full head takes me about 2.5 hours, I do a full removal and refit every 4-6 weeks but I can usually only get 150g into a full head 200g at a push.

How does everyone else find this method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not long since done the course, I fitted 120g in around 1.5 hours using a beauty works celeb choice weft. I found it really easy to do and just waiting to see how the client gets on with it.

I've not long since done the course, I fitted 120g in around 1.5 hours using a beauty works celeb choice weft. I found it really easy to do and just waiting to see how the client gets on with it.

Wow that's quick, I wonder why it's taking me around 2.5.... It is a very simple method and none of my clients have reverted to the classic weave so they obviously really like it x

It takes me an hour and half roughly from start to finish. 2 after a cut and style xx

Takes me about 2 hours-2 and a half hours including cut and curl, I usually do stick tips at the side tho and just the weave at the back x

Ok just did one tonight and it took two hours including cutting and curling but I was really focused on my time after starting this thread, also she didn't have quite as much hair as I usually put in. No idea how people do it in 1.5 hours, I'm clearly super slow haha! How long does it usually last your clients?

What's the difference with an LA weave to an ordinary weave??

I'm really interested in doing this method. I'm looking for a place to train. Sounds fab think it will be very popular. I've had micro beads before & wouldn't rate them at all I think they are very noticeable unless you have thick hair.

Hi girl just started doing the weave 👍 was wondering what u charge etc?was thinking on charging £230 includes hair fitting cut style & after 4/6weeks tighten hair backup.what do u guys charge after this 2 tighten & removal thanks?a will add a we pic of me & my weave love it girls in salon did it on thur ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416904943.971546.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416904970.063766.jpg

Is your price of £230 including the first maintenance? That's a good idea 👍

Yes it is huni xxx

Can you tell me if the LA weave is better than sandwhiching the hair to the weave with micro beads if you know what I mean by that ? Like the pic below ? X

Attachments

• 1416916279640.jpg
    1416916279640.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 533
Hi huni that the way I do it that's the way it's in my hair.i have not did the la weave but a would love 2 try it.any 1 no wheres best supplier for hair?hair am using is angel remy xx

Can you tell me if the LA weave is better than sandwhiching the hair to the weave with micro beads if you know what I mean by that ? Like the pic below ? X

I have this method in my hair and fit a lot of clients like this, I have mine in for upto 12 weeks with no maintenance inbetween (I don't mind it hanging haha as it's still secure!) x

Any one have a pic of what the LA weave looks like then? X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Here's one of my clients x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417035153.566146.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417035153.566146.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 240
So glad I found this thread, I'm actually going to get an la weave myself (I'm a hairdresser, I don't do extensions) I've got my consultation & colour match next week but I'm wondering if anyone has any photos of someone with a weave with short blonde hair? My hairs just above my shoulders (grown out bob) but just can't imagine how it will blend?? Can't wait to have long hair again xx

I love this method!!! Takes me an hour and half to fit and cut and style and just an hour for maintenance and tightening - I'm my salon we do bonded, micro bonds, traditional braided weave and this is by far the most popular method :) xx

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1420704677004.jpg
    1420704677004.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 1420704715645.jpg
    1420704715645.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 105
Well I did so many over Xmas I got my time right down to just over an hour and a half including blend and style and maintenance I did on Monday took me an hour. Definitely going to be promoting this more xx

Does anyone know of anywhere that does this near gosport/portsmouth?? I'm having trouble hiding my bonds so think this might be a better less detectable option! Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back