Lacking Confidence doing acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjs Cosmetics

Reaction score
Hi!!

I am really lacking confidence I'n acrylic nails all my friends go to the Chinese and get them done and there perfect shiny and quick!!!

Would u mind giving your opinion I am attaching a photo of nails I don't yesterday .... Possibly my best! Just lack shiny I think!!

Thanks

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1306486915.435218.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1306486915.435218.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 698
Hi!!

I am really lacking confidence I'n acrylic nails all my friends go to the Chinese and get them done and there perfect shiny and quick!!!

Would u mind giving your opinion I am attaching a photo of nails I don't yesterday .... Possibly my best! Just lack shiny I think!!

Thanks

The Chinese are very talented at using a brush and to do beautiful nails takes talent and skill and a good eye for design and to see that all is perfect. Nails are not for everyone.

I have read your profile but there is nothing in it to tell me what training you have had or how long you have been doing nails or what products you use, so it is kind of hard to help you. :hug:

The image of your nails shows that you do have to make allot of improvements before doing nails that could be sold as a service to the paying public. These nails will not last and are not balanced. They are very heavy at Zone 1 and 2 (the free edge and stress area) and very thin at zone 3 (the eponychium area). You would benefit with some help from your tutor or another tutor to point out these things and to help you. I can see you want to improve but without being shown, how can you? Don't sit and struggle .. go and get the help you need if you want to have success. :hug:

You dont say on your profile what system you are using or who you trained with. For us to give proper feedback it would help us if we know all the nitty gritty about you, how long you have been doing nails for and what system.
Also if you want good feedback its better to have a barrel shot and side view shot rather than just the one straight down.
That being said however from the picture you have posted I can give you a little feedback but please dont be offended..well done for posting :hug:
They look hippy, when you file the sidewalls yyou need to keep your file parrallel to the side, it looks like when you are filing you are angling the file round giving the nails a hip towards the free edge.
They also look quite thick but without side view I cant really say. This could be Too much product or you didnt file the tip thin enough giving them a bulky appearance before you even start applying product. The tip should be filed really really thin so that the application of product wont need to be too bulky to cover iykwim.
The smile lines are not too bad just a bit off on a couple not consistent with each other and also placed a bit too far down the nail bed you should use the fingertip as a guide to where to place the smile line.
When you are finishing what grit file are you using? You need to go up in grits to refine the surface start with a 240 file then work your way up to a finer file, that will help remove the scratches, then you can buff in some cuticle oil to bring to a high shine.
If you really are lacking in confidence it may be worth booking a one 2 one with your educator or maybe even booking a conversion course.
Jen xxx

Hello , I don't do acrylic nails so I can't really comment on them but I do teach gels I know , completely different but I always say to the people I teach to dont get down if you feel like you can't get it . Practice , practice practice and as the other geeks said , if you are still having the same problems . Get in touch with a trainer who can offer u some more help and guidance .
Good luck and don't give up x

Hi sorry new to here havnt really looked about never knew I could put that on my profile

I qualified with VCTC about three years ago .... Then did a bit of nails then but havnt done them for two years just started again

Thank u for ur comments

I normally use NSI but these ones I used star nails I believe it is as I got a free tester kit

Latest posts

Back