Lacquer Nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southernbelle10

Reaction score
I went to a salon to get a set of nails. I wanted something natural looking. She informed me about what she called lacquer nails. Basically, they slightly sanded the top of my nail and glued a tip on. They then cut it down and applied some type of what I believe was an adhesive. Then they spooned some powder over each nail and repeated this process about 2-3 more times. They then sprayed on a quick dry I think. Since I have gotten them done I have searched the internet and have found nothing on lacquer nails. Also, 3 of them are separating from the nail. I have to go back tonight for them to look at it and fix it.

Any advice on if I got screwed on my nails and what should they do tonight when I go would be greatly appreciated. I am a newbie with this stuff and really need the help.

Sounds a bit like the tip and dip system. I have only ever used this system on myself as I found that try as I may and just could not get good results with either Acrylics or gells, purely because my left hand just cant control the brush like my right hand could. So I used tradition Acrylic or gell applications on my clients, but used the tip and dip system on myself. Never had problems with lifting though, found them very strong indeed.

Latest posts

Back