Ladies with weak nails-what's the best thing to apply?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam.T

Reaction score
Some of my ladies have weak nails what's the best thing to apply underneath them so they stay on a bit better.. i currently use Shellac so was wondering what works best underneath that wouldn't take me longer to apply the Shellac. Thanks

Very best option is IBX strengthening treatment from Louella Belle coupled with CND rescue RXX

Thank you how do you apply the ibx? could i just use the one? Or do i need both.

IBX is a salon treatment... RescueRxx is a retail take home treatment, both fantastic products & in my opinion the best out there

Am getting continuing great results with these two

Have you tried Iz Gel?
:)

I use IZ gel with great results, love it!

If they are naturally weak or thin nails... then fibergass overlays. .. if they are weak because of damage then...what they said x

If you use IBX under shellac you need to use both IBX and IBX repair, and they're cheaper to buy as a duo.. I learnt the hard way!! [emoji23] also, I have weak nails and I find even with IBX I can't get much longevity out of shellac. X

Where do you get the IBX from? I found their website, but it's American. Do you they deliver to the UK? X

Ibx is available from Louella belle but I've also noticed recently that it is listed with ellisons too

You could also do CND Shellac base, original topcoat, colour coat x2 and original topcoat again. This takes the place of the discontinued Brisa Lite system to help give an extra layer of support.
I use this method as my nails are thin weak and bendy and CND Shellac will literally peel off my nails after a couple of days. With this method I get at least 2 weeks.
Just be aware that removal will take slightly longer as you have 2 layers of topcoat to get through.
Hth's
Jen xx

Can the Rescue RXx be used with the shellac on? I've seen some posts on here say you can and others say no! Little confused I'm also going to start offering the small cuticle oil to buy when they come as I know it really helps too l.

Can the Rescue RXx be used with the shellac on? I've seen some posts on here say you can and others say no! Little confused I'm also going to start offering the small cuticle oil to buy when they come as I know it really helps too l.

My understanding of it is that you can, it won't hurt, but it isn't nearly as effective as using it on natural nails x

Hi I have paper thin nails so shellac isn't great on me, I have hard gel overlays under my shellac it is the only way it will last a long time on me as my nails still bend so much with shellac and I have used ink fortify before which is great x

Hi, has anyone tried ink fortify under Shellac? I have one client in particular that has weak nails due to medication. I was thinking of trying gel ii for a while and thought she would be perfect to try something different out on, but then come across the Ink fortify and wondered if that would help under it. Any thoughts on this please? (I've done a couple of treatments of IBX and although it helps the condition it's still not staying as long as we want)

Hi, has anyone tried ink fortify under Shellac? I have one client in particular that has weak nails due to medication. I was thinking of trying gel ii for a while and thought she would be perfect to try something different out on, but then come across the Ink fortify and wondered if that would help under it. Any thoughts on this please? (I've done a couple of treatments of IBX and although it helps the condition it's still not staying as long as we want)

I use fortify with one of my ladies who has shellac. Last year her shellac started to not last. She doesn't like a massive range of colours so I bought in a couple of gel ll for her. They did last, for the full 2 weeks, for about 2 months.
Then we started using fortify on top of the base and before the top coat goes on, with eithier shellac or gel ll colours being used. Doesn't last.
I'm baffled. Next week we're starting ibx, I've finally persuaded her as her nails are so thin from about 30 years of having bad acrylics. I'm running out of things to try.

I have used it on myself as shellac doesn't last on me because my nails are paper thing, it does improve wear but it still doesn't last long enough. I have gone to hard gel overlays it is the only thing that lasts on me x

Thank you for your replies, that really does help! X

Latest posts

Back