Laser Hair Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am interested in trying laser hair removal and I have found only one salon in my town who offers this. I want to be a bit forearmed before I call them.

Basically I have a hormonal imbalance which causes excess facial hair and I want to have it removed permanently. I have tried waxing and I ALWAYS get left with spots. I would rather have the hair than the spots LOL. I have tried electrolysis but apart from the pain, the therapist only seemed to remove some of the hairs. Being left with the lighter ones, but when I applied my foundation they were much more obvious.

Mostly the hairs are stray eyebrows which seem to come out of my top lip and chin area. They can be white and strong and spikey almost like cats whiskers. They can be dark but they can also be softer and blonder.

As I only have one choice in my town what should I be looking for. Will it be successful, will it hurt, will it bankrupt me, will it be a regular few treatments or a one off.

Cosmetic Clinics in UK and around the world

I know I pm'd you Fiona but here is the website for any other folk!
Liz Tanqueray is lovely and she will ring you back you could ask her to explain over the telephone about procedures and what you could expect. This clinic is very profesional and run by a medical doctor and his wife.

Don`t know a lot about this but a good friend of mine is in the middle of a course of treatments and she said

Doesn`t hurt
She has to wear sunblock all the time until finished
It can take up 6 treatments to notice an improvement
Treatments are 4 weeks apart
She can pay monthly
She is starting to see the difference now (5 weeks in )

Just thought i`d say as it might help!

The salon she goes to is in Sussex unfortunately!!!

Latest posts

Back