Laser/Refractive Eye Surgery

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi

Reaction score
Hi

I am booked in to have my eyes corrected on the 2nd August, just wondered if anyone else has had theirs done and their experiences.

Kim

kimi said:
Hi

I am booked in to have my eyes corrected on the 2nd August, just wondered if anyone else has had theirs done and their experiences.

Kim
Not me personally but my sister in law has had both eyes done (3 months apart) and has never looked back.

She was very shortsighted wore glasses/lenses all the time and now has perfect vision. This was all done 8 years ago & I'm still plucking up the courage to go myself

Good luck

Hi. I had mine done about 5 years ago in Czech republic and it is the best thing I've ever done. I had -6 on each eye and had them both done at the same time.

I had my eyes done over 2 years ago with Ultralase, and its the best thing i ever did. I didnt have any pain during the operation, after my eyes were sensitive and a bit gritty.
I would much rather have this done again than go to the dentist!!!

Thanks guys for giving me your feedback, my eyes are quite bad, I am 7+ and 7.50+, so I wear bifocals, after the op I will only need reading glasses. I am so excited, I practically need glasses to find my glasses (kidding).

Its going to be so great to get up in the morning and go and check on my daughters without having to find my glasses first, and in the summer to be able to play around in the pool with them and see what is going on!!!

Cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!

Kim

Thanks everyone for replies especially Tsia, I will let you know how I get on.

K

kimi said:
Hi

Kim
I had my eyes lasered almost 3 years ago, its the best money ive'd ever spend, it was uncomfortable but i would do it again.
Good luck
karen

Know this may sound stupid but can I wear nail enhancements during the procedure??

I have been told no deodorant, hairspray, make up, nail varnish, perfume the list goes on.

K

I went to college with a lady who had corrective surgery on her eyes. i know that afterwards she couldnt really see as her eyes were blurry and she had to wear sunglasses all day but when they had recovered the difference was amazing, so good luck and im sure it will all go fine. as for wearing nail enhancements during the proceedure - i have no idea?! i dont see why not?

good luck x

kimi said:
Know this may sound stupid but can I wear nail enhancements during the procedure??

I have been told no deodorant, hairspray, make up, nail varnish, perfume the list goes on.

K

Im not sure about this, i cant recall that my hands were anywhere near the laser during the surgery - but it may be best if you call and double check.

My hubby was thinking about to have this. But he's worried it might be unsafe, has anyone had bad experience from it at all? Thanks :hug:

Can I ask how much it's costing you?

My hubbie is thinking about having it done, as he's going through glasses like crazy with 2 young kiddies on the grab all the time!

kimi said:
Thanks everyone for replies especially Tsia, I will let you know how I get on.

.... Know this may sound stupid but can I wear nail enhancements during the procedure??

K

No probs hun.
They didnt mention to me about any of the products or that stuff when I had mine done. Apart from make-up, which is obvious!
I literally laid down on like a dentist chair type thing, with a big machine above(the laser) and my arms were down by my sides and my legs were crossed (lying down position) and it was literally 2 mins to line it up, 10 secs for the laser then move onto the next eye.
My discomfort only arrived 1 hour after when the numbing drops (proxymetacain) wore off.
HTH x

bubbabinks said:

My hubbie is thinking about having it done, as he's going through glasses like crazy with 2 young kiddies on the grab all the time!

Hi

Its costing me for both eyes $4900.00, I am in Western Australia so I dont not know how much it is in the Uk but I am sure someone told me its a lot cheaper.

K

kimi said:
Hi

Its costing me for both eyes $4900.00, I am in Western Australia so I dont not know how much it is in the Uk but I am sure someone told me its a lot cheaper.

K

Is it the same sort of exchange rate as America?, I remember that everything seems to cost double over there, but if you half the amount you say, its still over 2 grand here!! :eek: (if thats how its worked out)
Maybe that the going rate over there. I'd get a quote from a few first. After shopping around, my first price was roughly £1800 but I got it for £900 both eyes from somewhere else in the end. :green:

bubbabinks said:

I paid £3k for both eyes, but that was nearly 3 years ago now. I know prices have gone down in the UK since then.

Thanks guys I will have to look into this for him.

I paid £600 for both eyes at optimax. It was two people go but only one pays - so half price basically. Best thing I ever did although until the bandage lenses were out it was sheer hell. Especially the day after, but well worth it.

Tsia said:
Is it the same sort of exchange rate as America?, I remember that everything seems to cost double over there, but if you half the amount you say, its still over 2 grand here!! :eek: (if thats how its worked out)
Maybe that the going rate over there. I'd get a quote from a few first. After shopping around, my first price was roughly £1800 but I got it for £900 both eyes from somewhere else in the end. :green:

There are only 2 places in WA that do this at the mo, so theres not much choice (The other being the Lions Insitute of WA) but I know of quite a few people that have been to this place so Im fine with the money.

Getting a bit nervous now,

Kimi

Latest posts

Back