Lash Extension Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long would it take to apply for a beginner and how many sets would yu need to do before you could be classed as competent?

mamma said:
How long would it take to apply for a beginner and how many sets would yu need to do before you could be classed as competent?

Hi Debbie :green:

A total beginner would probably take 3-4 hours (sometimes more, but I doubt the model would be willing to lay there for much longer!) to do a full set (30 lashes on each eye) and for every set they do after that, they'd probably get quicker by about 20 minutes each time until they are down to one and a half to two hours per set. This is very much a generalization, as everyone learns at a different pace.

The amount of sets you'd have to do to be classed as competent would vary on the capabilities of the student. Some take to it like a duck to water, others need to spend a little more time perfecting their technique. Once students complete my course, I will require them to send in three case studies, to ensure their work is up to scratch.

hth

GlitzyGirl said:
Hi Amy,

As you know, I've just had my training (I won't give the name, incase it's wrong to do so)

Everything was very clearly explained and shown.
It was held in a central location most people could easily get to, which is quite important.
Even though there was a written exam (done at home), at the end of the day, we had an oral assessment as well, to make sure we clearly understood everything, and did'nt just give answers out of the manual.
One very important thing to me was that we were'nt given a mannequin to practice at home, before the day. Most companies do this and the technicians quite easily pick up bad habits, which are then hard to get rid of in a day's course.
The only criticism I would have is the price, it's normally over £760, but luckily, as I booked it at Excel, I saved over £200.

I can't think of anything else at the mo, but if I do I'll let you know. HTH

that price would well and truly put me off!!!! is all lash training so expensive????

CadenceAlex said:
that price would well and truly put me off!!!! is all lash training so expensive????

Getting proper training for eyelash extensions is an investment. You want to get the best training you can afford. There are probably places that provide training for cheaper, but you are probably not getting proper hands-on-training from a professional. Any good trainer would want to be paid for their time. Proper training will take anywhere from 6-9 hours. It is a full day course. When you think about it, it is not that expensive when you make the money back after doing 8-10 treatments. There are some places that sell you the kits and say that the training is free. But then they have usually included the training in the price of the kits anyways. Also, why would an experienced skilled trainer provide training for free? Don't you think they would want to be paid for their time? I have to admit that there are some companies that offer over-priced training. So you should do your research, ask for references of people who have taken the course to see if they found it worth it. In my opinion, proper training should be around £250- £400, plus the cost of the kits. If you compare the training to the United States, they usually charge $350-$695 US for the training on its own!

dreamgurl said:
Getting proper training for eyelash extensions is an investment. You want to get the best training you can afford. There are probably places that provide training for cheaper, but you are probably not getting proper hands-on-training from a professional. Any good trainer would want to be paid for their time. Proper training will take anywhere from 6-9 hours. It is a full day course. When you think about it, it is not that expensive when you make the money back after doing 8-10 treatments. There are some places that sell you the kits and say that the training is free. But then they have usually included the training in the price of the kits anyways. Also, why would an experienced skilled trainer provide training for free? Don't you think they would want to be paid for their time? I have to admit that there are some companies that offer over-priced training. So you should do your research, ask for references of people who have taken the course to see if they found it worth it. In my opinion, proper training should be around £250- £400, plus the cost of the kits. If you compare the training to the United States, they usually charge $350-$695 US for the training on its own!

Thanks for that dg, I hadn't realised CadenceAlex has posted (I should be more vigilant with my own threads!).

The course fee for my training was going to be 400 GBP including kit, but I have opted for the most comprehensive starter kit from Lash Beauty, so my course fee is now 495 GBP. I want students to get a good few treatments out of their kits, without having to worry about re-ordering for a while. Plus, my course is a comprehensive 9 hours with an optional half-day 'confidence booster' of more supervised practise.

I have only checked out Nouveau's pricing system and that of a beauty college in Liverpool - they are charging 150 GBP for a one-day course and 350GBP for the kit (which is obligatory to buy off them) and the kit contains 1/8 the amount of the lashes that the Lash Beauty kit contains:rolleyes:
I'd better go do some research into Jinnylash and I-Lash pricing systems....

i am interested in taking a lash course, and this info is great, though I dont know if its best to be putting costs on the www for all to see...maybe we should be pm ing the costs..

michelle16 said:
i am interested in taking a lash course, and this info is great, though I dont know if its best to be putting costs on the www for all to see...maybe we should be pm ing the costs..
\

Hi michelle!:green:

I don't see the problem with posting costs as long as they are correct. Maybe a mod could fill us in on whether we should or not.....

michelle16 said:

i think it is a great idea putting the cost on - it shows that that is what the price is and there are no hidden costs and that is what you are getting.

personally, it really annoys me when i go to a site and can't get the details of the price - puts me off ringing sometimes

CadenceAlex said:
i think it is a great idea putting the cost on - it shows that that is what the price is and there are no hidden costs and that is what you are getting.

personally, it really annoys me when i go to a site and can't get the details of the price - puts me off ringing sometimes

:hug: we all want to know the price of a course, and I agree that on the company offering the training/service should show the price...
but in here is not a 'staff room', and our clients or potential clients can read this.

If i was going to a salon as a client and expecting to pay £100-£200 odds for a set of lashes, I dont think it would be beneficial for me to be seeing the cost prices of the stuff and the course..and from a clients perspective, they dont always appreciate the time/training/overhead costs that we have, so when they work out the cost price per set....thats the figure that sticks in their head..:) this is only my opinion..:hug:

Amy, do you have any pics maybe before and afters on the lashes for us to see..

I am definately going to do a course soon, and am interested in yours..

michelle16 said:
Amy, do you have any pics maybe before and afters on the lashes for us to see..

I am definately going to do a course soon, and am interested in yours..

I certainly do Michelle! I'm at home at the min and camera (and mem.stick) is at salon, so I'll try and get some on here or in my gallery for tomorrow:green:

AmydeMan said:
I certainly do Michelle! I'm at home at the min and camera (and mem.stick) is at salon, so I'll try and get some on here or in my gallery for tomorrow:green:

great - look forward to them.thanx

AmydeMan said:
I have only checked out Nouveau's pricing system and that of a beauty college in Liverpool - they are charging 150 GBP for a one-day course and 350GBP for the kit (which is obligatory to buy off them) and the kit contains 1/8 the amount of the lashes that the Lash Beauty kit contains:rolleyes:

Hi Amy,
The prices shown are not Nouveau Lashes's prices, or are they?
Even though I got some discount at the show, I still paid much more than that.

GlitzyGirl said:
Hi Amy,
The prices shown are not Nouveau Lashes's prices, or are they?
Even though I got some discount at the show, I still paid much more than that.

Ha ha, no babe! :green: Read it again - "Nouveau's pricing system and that of a beauty college in Liverpool...."

Nouveau's prices have already been mentioned on this thread though (I think by both yourself and me).

Thanks for that.
I think I am having one of those days, when I am completely blank.

AmydeMan said:
Thanks for that dg, I hadn't realised CadenceAlex has posted (I should be more vigilant with my own threads!).

The course fee for my training was going to be 400 GBP including kit, but I have opted for the most comprehensive starter kit from Lash Beauty, so my course fee is now 495 GBP. I want students to get a good few treatments out of their kits, without having to worry about re-ordering for a while. Plus, my course is a comprehensive 9 hours with an optional half-day 'confidence booster' of more supervised practise.

Amy, your prices are very reasonable! I already use the Lash Beauty products so I am familiar with the quality and since your training includes the kit, your students are really getting their money's worth. I'm glad that you can now give the other companies a real run for their money. Most have been offering expensive training because they feel they can. Even better, your students are using great products so it will make it easier to learn. I am a true believer that using great products allows for easier application. More importantly, you get better results. You should also check out Lavish Lashes in the UK also. I am quite familiar with the training in the Us and they are expensive! But I know that they now have Lavish Lashes UK and from what I have heard they are extremely expensive. Good job with pricing yourself reasonably!! There are many other companies who train using products that are inferior and they charge way more than what you plan to charge.

AmydeMan said:

Amy, I forgot to mention that I love that you are offering an optional half-day 'confidence booster'. Your students will benefit from this since most "newbies" usually have questions after a few set of lashes. With you being there to supervise during the booster session, you can help them along and make sure that they do not develop any bad habits! Where will you be offering your training? Will you be travelling to students? Or are you providing the location for training?

dreamgurl said:
Amy, I forgot to mention that I love that you are offering an optional half-day 'confidence booster'. Your students will benefit from this since most "newbies" usually have questions after a few set of lashes. With you being there to supervise during the booster session, you can help them along and make sure that they do not develop any bad habits! Where will you be offering your training? Will you be travelling to students? Or are you providing the location for training?

Thanks dg, good to know an 'old-hand' like yourself has given me the thumbs up!

Our salon incorporates a training Academy, so we have excellent facilities here to run the course. Having said that, a few people have enquired after training at their own salon, so that's a possibility for the future.

Have you ever thought about branching out into training dg?

AmydeMan said:

Pics are in gallery now.

There is a Flicks Set and a Natural Set, I can't upload any more pics as yet, because these are the only two clients who have given their permission so far....

they're brill, am glad you're local to me!!!!

u must be pleased!!!

Latest posts

Back