Lash extensions have ruined my natural lashes - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah-Nail Tech

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, Need your advice (popped over from nail geeks!) just before Xmas I had lash extensions on. I have had these on before with no problems.
Anyway after just over 2 weeks they started to look a bit straggly and looked as if they were ready to come out. The ones I had before came off easily with warm water and no probs. this time they were more difficult and as a result most of my own lashes have come out too leaving them now very thin and gappy.
I have been wearing strip lashes which I remove every night since I removed these as I can't stand looking like I have none! Is there anything I can do to help my lashes grow back? My natural lashes were so long before and now I feel gutted :-(

Help me!! Xxx

And yes I know, I should of had them removed properly but I thought they would be ok and easy enough to remove myself like last time! Lesson learnt- the hard way! 😢 xx

i take it they hurt when you removed them? because this would have been you pulling your eyelashes out.

your eyelashes will always seem thinner and shorter after extensions because you are used to long full ones. i always take before and after pictures so clients can see there is no difference or damage xx

Yes they did so yes I have pulled some of my own out too :-( I know I'm silly but lesson learnt!!

Any tips on how to help my lashes grow again? Xx

Yes they did so yes I have pulled some of my own out too :-( I know I'm silly but lesson learnt!!

Any tips on how to help my lashes grow again? Xx

Personally I would leave them extensions free rather than putting strips on. Or I you go to a good lash tech thn they will be able to put a good set on which will stop you from touchin your lashes. They can ensure all glue is off and all bad lashes are gone etc. there are serums that say they speed growth but I'm not sure how well they work. Your lashes are on a constant cycle of growing and falling out, and they should be back to normal in a few months when all have fallen out etc. but having a good set of lashes on might make you feel better :) xx

Thank you. May have to consider having them in again then and then refills until my natural ones have grown then. I have just brought some Eyelure ones to stick on daily for now as really can't go out without anything! Am so used to having long natural lashes that to go from that to nothing is horrible 😩 xx

Revitalash advanced serum is fab for helping your lashes grow back after extensions, I've been using it for about 4 months now and honestly my own lashes are longer than what my extensions were.. It's pricey but it does work so to me it's worth it :)

The only thing you can now is let your natural lashes grow back. We found that a lash growth enhancer can help tremendously especially with sparse or fine lashes and our clients have had fantastic results :O)

Just to give you a heads up, a lash cycle is 90 days so dont worry if it takes a few months to get yiur lashes back to normal. If you're wearing eyelures try to wear a light set and make sure theyre glued to the skin and not your lashes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks ladies. My lashes have now grown back so have a full set again!! So glad they didn't take too long! Although they are not quite as long and thick as they were before, I am hoping they will be in time. I only had to wear the strip lashes for a few weeks and yes I did stick them to the skin and infilled any gap with eyeliner. So glad I don't have to do that anymore as was getting fed up applying them every morning! Although I am a but of a pro now lol!!
Thanks for your help and am looking into getting some serum too ;-) xxx

I've looked for Revitalash advanced serum and found a product called Select Lash at half the price which is meant to work just as well. Has anybody used this? I've had the same problem with my individual eyelashes which were hurting my eyelid to the point it was swollen! So I ended up pulling them out and now I have patches and the ones I have are really short! x

Latest posts

Back