Lash extensions: not for me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CurlyQs

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm hoping a pro can tell me if it is time to give up. I recently started getting lash extensions. I loved them but they only look good for about a week. I follow the after care to a tee and am super careful.

After my first try, I went to a different salon for a fill. She was shocked how little I had left after just a week. She felt I might do better with shorter lashes so there is less lash that isn't adhered. After a week I went back and she said my lashes looked the way other clients look after 3 weeks. I have several friends who go to her and they have great results, plus I had the same result at a another salon - I don't think it is an application issue.

When she did that fill she noted that the lashes don't stick to my natural lash as quickly as they typically do with others. She suggested I might have an oily lashes/lids issue? This time she used straighter lashes so there is more adhesion but they're shedding just as quickly.

I really love them but cannot afford to get a fill once a week! Should I cut my losses or is there something else I could try/do differently?

Thanks!

what cleansing products do you use on your eyes? I am pretty shocked no tech has asked you this.

She actually did ask. I use Bioderma with a q-tip but I really don't wear much eye makeup when my extensions are looking good. I also tend to sleep on my side and that side loses faster but it still doesn't explain why both eyes shed so quickly. I do have quite oily skin (hence I don't use any eye cream) and am wondering if that is the problem.

Unfortunately these aren't for everyone. Maybe you should try a lash lift and see if you like that.

Oily lids can be a problem. I have one client who comes back every 2 weeks because they have oily lids. You culd try a lash sealant, or putting on a matt eyeshadow each day to see if that helps.

Sadly I think there is some clients who last 6/8 weeks and I have one client who lasts 2 weeks and most if not nearly all have fallen out.
The only time they lasted was when she went on holiday to a drier climate. So I am thinking it must be due to her lifestyle , she does gym and spinning and swimming and generally very very active lifestyle so on holiday isn't as active.

So that might also be a reason? Steam emits from your eyes when you work out. And perhaps can influence the glue adhesion .

Thanks for your input, everyone! If I could last 2 weeks, I would stick with it for a while, but I think I'll give it up :( Today is one week and they're quite sparse. You've all confirmed my gut feeling.

Latest posts

Back