Lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leanejayne

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls..

Today I complete my lash extension course with lashfx.
I have attached my work.. be gentle.. this was my 1st ever go at semi perm lashes.

A few things that weren't covered..
I wish to know how much you would charge for starting out and getting practise in?!
I have used J curl, what are your most popular curls?
Do you ever use 15mm lashes?

Any advise based on my photo?

Thanks x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1479154203.851895.jpg

These are great for your first go Hun :) I trained in Jan so still learning but when I started I advertised it as '£15 off lash Extensions Intro offer. Valid till end of .....month, Now £25' so people knew my full price so it wasn't difficult to put up when I felt comfortable to. I looked around my area at what others were charging then kind of went in the middle. So I charge £40 for a ful set of classics. Xx

I haven't used J curl since I started. c curl is my most popular, then on a few elder ladies who prefer a more subtle look I use B curl. I have one client who I do D curl on, she likes them as noticeable as possible. The longest length I go up to is normally 12. If someone wanted longer and their lashes would support longer I'd probably use 13 but couldn't imagine going longer than that. I use 0.15 thickness mostly then I mix in 0.12 on smaller baby lashes so it really fills the set out. I don't use any higher than 0.15mm.
Hope that helps :) xxx

Try to get away from the j curl
I'm actually surprised that companies still train students with them :(

Start using a b curl instead for a natural look
A c curl for a universal mascara look

15mm is way too long

Try not to lash more than a 12mm

Apply the rule ;

Extend the natural lash by 1-2mm only for a natural look and 3-4mm for a glam look

Try to never extend over 50%

Well done for posting

Frankie x

Thank you very much ladies!!
I agree with the extending rule.
I shall purchase some different curls this week really for my guinea pigs ;)
I did think 15mm was ridiculous! So I'll stick to a max of 12!
Thanks you again! X

I only use 15's on clients that have natural lashes that are already about 13 which is rare!

Latest posts

Back